Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rolson Heavy duty pipe bender

I cant find anyone selling this brand?

A guy further up the road has offered me one for 30GBP.

Are they any good?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I cant find anyone selling this brand?

A guy further up the road has offered me one for 30GBP.

Are they any good?

Rolson ain't exactly the Rolls Royce of tools. Although like Draper some
of it may be OK. I'd try it on both 15 and 22mm and see what it works
like. But I'd say you'd get a secondhand Record off Ebay for that sort of
price.

--
*A day without sunshine is like... night.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" writes:
I cant find anyone selling this brand?

A guy further up the road has offered me one for 30GBP.

Are they any good?

Not enough info.
What pipe sizes?
Is this two-handed for copper tube, or heavy duty steel
pipe/conduit?

£30 is good for a genuine heavy duty pipe bender, or even
a good quality light duty one for 15/22mm copper tube. Make
sure the formers are still servicable -- if bashed, scratched,
or embedded with grit (happens when you bend dirty pipes),
then replacing them will probably cost more than a new bender.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"The3rd Earl Of Derby" writes:
I cant find anyone selling this brand?

A guy further up the road has offered me one for 30GBP.

Are they any good?

Not enough info.
What pipe sizes?
Is this two-handed for copper tube, or heavy duty steel
pipe/conduit?

£30 is good for a genuine heavy duty pipe bender, or even
a good quality light duty one for 15/22mm copper tube. Make
sure the formers are still servicable -- if bashed, scratched,
or embedded with grit (happens when you bend dirty pipes),
then replacing them will probably cost more than a new bender.

Thanks guys.
My only concern is I cant find anyone selling this PB except ebay?
I've got tomorrow to give him an anwser,I've offered 20GBP and he accepted.
Its 15mm and 22mm,2 guides.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
My only concern is I cant find anyone selling this PB except ebay?

It's probably available badged as something else like all these far east
tools. Look at Clarke, Draper, etc.

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *