Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC World burn houses down?

Just found this in alt.consumers.uk.discounts.and.bargains

Note the bit about the plug and then the fuse and action taken to cure
the problem!

Wonder how many fires they will cause?

Hi All,

Thought some of you might be interested to know that I just got a nice
little 14" TFT colour monitor for £59.97 all in from PC World. It is
available via internet ordering only, but must be collected from a
store.

I had to travel a bit to a store with stock, but managed to get one in
Brighton.

First impressions are that it is not a bad monitor - better than I had
expected for the price. It only does 1024x768 resolution and the
response rate is slow (40ms) but for basic PC use, it might do for
some
people out there, especially for a second PC.

Comes complete with a 1 yr on site swap warranty, and built in
speakers
(not tried yet).

Only warning is that mine came with a 'shaver' type plug on the
adaptor
so I've had to use a shaver adaptor to connect it to the mains. If you
do that, make sure that you change the fuse in the adaptor from a 1
amp
to a 3 amp else it will blow.

Other than that, I'm pleased with my bargain.

Hope this helps someone else.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/ADVENT/14''/703537

************************************************** ************************
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"EricP" wrote in message
Just found this in alt.consumers.uk.discounts.and.bargains

Note the bit about the plug and then the fuse and action taken to cure
the problem!

Wonder how many fires they will cause?

PC World do not sell electrical products in the UK with anything other than
a 3 pin plug if it is to run from the mains. A bit of a silly message
title!
Do you know how electrical fires start? Have a look on the Internet.

what's wrong with timber-frame houses in S England? [email protected] UK diy 9 May 22nd 06 11:20 PM
Bill Maher Cliff Metalworking 340 March 11th 06 01:23 PM
New Houses - any good? spog UK diy 59 July 17th 03 02:10 AM