Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Metal conduit boxes

I've just realised I don't quite have all the stuff I need for the work I
was planning tomorrow.

Can anyone suggest where somewhere that I likely to be open on a Sunday that
sells black metal conduit terminal boxes? B&Q don't (neither do Screwfix?)

Wickes seems like they might be my best bet, but I don't want to go all the
way to my nearest branch to find they don't either (and I don't fancy my
chances getting sense on the phone from Wickes)...

I'm in Cambridge, so if there is anyone in the area who has one they'd like
to swap for some beer tokens...

cheers,
Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Chris Styles" writes:
I've just realised I don't quite have all the stuff I need for the work I
was planning tomorrow.

Can anyone suggest where somewhere that I likely to be open on a Sunday that
sells black metal conduit terminal boxes? B&Q don't (neither do Screwfix?)

I think the larger B&Q's do galvanised ones. You could paint them
later.

Wickes seems like they might be my best bet, but I don't want to go all the
way to my nearest branch to find they don't either (and I don't fancy my
chances getting sense on the phone from Wickes)...

Wickes don't (their electrical accessories range is quite limited).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Styles wrote:
Can anyone suggest where somewhere that I likely to be open on a Sunday
that sells black metal conduit terminal boxes? B&Q don't (neither do
Screwfix?)

Wickes seems like they might be my best bet, but I don't want to go all
the way to my nearest branch to find they don't either (and I don't
fancy my chances getting sense on the phone from Wickes)...

I've not seem steel conduit in any shed. Not surprising, really, given the
cost and special tools involved.

--
*Verbs HAS to agree with their subjects *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Round conduit metal box? T i m UK diy 26 January 31st 06 02:21 PM
question jr Metalworking 17 August 30th 05 01:37 AM
Earthing Metal back boxes and matal face plates John Borrman UK diy 11 February 15th 05 12:30 AM
Attaching wooden lats to a metal balcony rail Andy Woodworking 1 February 2nd 05 11:45 AM
1950s conduit and modern electrical fittings Hamish UK diy 5 October 7th 03 10:13 AM