Posted to demon.local,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles

Default Reversing an artic...

Harry Bloomfield verbally sodomised in
:

It happens that GeoffC formulated :
In ,
Harry Bloomfield typed:
McKev was thinking very hard :
Thats how the driver gains experience - its not always easy and it
has to learned the hard way through trial an error. One thing to do
is to watch car drivers try and reverse caravans or even small
trailers - now size that up to a 45ft solid trailer at night in the
****ing rain - even old artic drivers take a few cuts to get it
right.

...and we all know that a relatively short trailer compared to the
towing vehicle is much more difficult to reverse, don't we? A short
trailer such as a caravan reacts much more quickly than a 45 foot long
trailer with its wheels 2/3 the way towards the back.

This little gem of knowledge stemming from a considerable amount of
experience with both types of vehicle I take it?

Aside from the fact that an HGV would obviously be bigger, then so far
as manouvering in reverse is concerned - the reversing HGV would
logically be very much easier to control. Add in the minor details like
a much higher vantage point, a purpose designed towing vehicle as wide
as the trailer plus designed for the purpose mirrors and lower
gearing.

Fascinating it ain't.

--
Phil Kyle™

h i
i s
s l
f i l
S o n o
i u e n
g r s g

Reversing an artic... Phil Kyle UK diy 0 October 17th 06 02:54 PM
Heat pump defrost control board and thermostat reversing valve voltage level [email protected] Home Repair 18 May 2nd 06 07:25 AM
Help to connect reversing switch to a motor Alex Metalworking 3 September 20th 05 03:20 PM
7" electric grinder - reversing rotation? Grant Erwin Metalworking 10 July 19th 05 05:38 AM
Diagnosing reversing trigger switch on drill jbclem Electronics Repair 3 January 9th 05 09:33 AM