Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who makes this model of thermostatic bath shower mixer?

Friends! Anyone know who makes/made this type of thermostatic bath shower
mixer? The thermostatic knob has broken because the gubbins are seized. No
indication on any part behind or in front, inside or outside.

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/00001.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh rrh is offline

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
Friends! Anyone know who makes/made this type of thermostatic bath shower
mixer? The thermostatic knob has broken because the gubbins are seized. No
indication on any part behind or in front, inside or outside.

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/00001.jpg

Ed, I'm afraid I don't but when I was engaged recently in a similar task I
was pointed to www.showerdoc.co.uk who were helpful and tried a few
manufacturers on my behalf (unsuccessfully as it turned out). There's also a
plumber's merchant not far from you on Hornsey High Street - can't remember
the name - who were also helpful (and also unsuccessful). Ended up having to
buy a whole new shower...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed Sirett wrote:
Friends! Anyone know who makes/made this type of thermostatic bath shower
mixer? The thermostatic knob has broken because the gubbins are seized. No
indication on any part behind or in front, inside or outside.

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/00001.jpg

This looks close..

http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/_La...ixer_2way.html

But A lot of googling didn't turn up anything closer

My guess is it's a standard mechanism fronted by some hugely overpriced
designer ditz, and what you need to to is remove the whole thing, blank
off the pipes, and start visiting showrooms. Chances are you will get
complete replacement guts and be able to re-use the fancy bits.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:36:24 +0000, rrh wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
Friends! Anyone know who makes/made this type of thermostatic bath shower
mixer? The thermostatic knob has broken because the gubbins are seized. No
indication on any part behind or in front, inside or outside.

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/00001.jpg

Ed, I'm afraid I don't but when I was engaged recently in a similar task I
was pointed to www.showerdoc.co.uk who were helpful and tried a few
manufacturers on my behalf (unsuccessfully as it turned out). There's also a
plumber's merchant not far from you on Hornsey High Street - can't remember
the name - who were also helpful (and also unsuccessful). Ended up having to
buy a whole new shower...

They'd be THL in Hornsey High Street - who inded may well have supplied it
originally.

The shower is not the problem it's the whole new wall that is. The unit is
set into the outside wall (must have taken away half the bricks to do
this) and then set for the duration with mortar, tile adhesive and tiles.

I'll print off the picture and tout it around.
TA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:02:19 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:
Friends! Anyone know who makes/made this type of thermostatic bath shower
mixer? The thermostatic knob has broken because the gubbins are seized. No
indication on any part behind or in front, inside or outside.

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/00001.jpg

This looks close..

http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/_La...ixer_2way.html

But A lot of googling didn't turn up anything closer

My guess is it's a standard mechanism fronted by some hugely overpriced
designer ditz, and what you need to to is remove the whole thing, blank
off the pipes, and start visiting showrooms. Chances are you will get
complete replacement guts and be able to re-use the fancy bits.

Alas one of the fancy handles has sheared off. Not by me (phew!).

You are almost certainly right. I'm half expecting the guts to come out
and be standard kit. More often as not they are held in left handed so
I'm ready for that one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed Sirett wrote:
Friends! Anyone know who makes/made this type of thermostatic bath shower
mixer? The thermostatic knob has broken because the gubbins are seized. No
indication on any part behind or in front, inside or outside.

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/00001.jpg

This looks close..

http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/_La...ixer_2way.html

But A lot of googling didn't turn up anything closer

My guess is it's a standard mechanism fronted by some hugely overpriced
designer ditz, and what you need to to is remove the whole thing, blank
off the pipes, and start visiting showrooms. Chances are you will get
complete replacement guts and be able to re-use the fancy bits.

Thank you so much. It really is the same model right down to the position
of the chrome domes, the etched numbers for the temperature knob etc.etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed Sirett wrote:
Friends! Anyone know who makes/made this type of thermostatic bath shower
mixer? The thermostatic knob has broken because the gubbins are seized. No
indication on any part behind or in front, inside or outside.

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/00001.jpg

This looks close..

http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/_La...ixer_2way.html

But A lot of googling didn't turn up anything closer

My guess is it's a standard mechanism fronted by some hugely overpriced
designer ditz, and what you need to to is remove the whole thing, blank
off the pipes, and start visiting showrooms. Chances are you will get
complete replacement guts and be able to re-use the fancy bits.

Thank you so much. It really is the same model right down to the position
of the chrome domes, the etched numbers for the temperature knob etc.etc.

That was lucky then.

Good luck. ******* things, shower mixers.

No hot water in mixer shower Unimobiles.com UK diy 1 September 25th 06 08:38 PM
Grohe g2000 thermostatic mixer [email protected] UK diy 3 April 22nd 06 10:22 PM
Shower Mixer Aiden UK diy 4 September 20th 03 09:35 PM
Advice on which shower mixer? Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 6th 03 12:39 PM