Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default mixing bucket for plaster

Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

ISTR seeing one in a screwfix catalog within last 18 months or so, but
can't track it down.

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ironer wrote:
Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

ISTR seeing one in a screwfix catalog within last 18 months or so, but
can't track it down.

TIA

Erm! a builders merchant.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ironer wrote:
Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

ISTR seeing one in a screwfix catalog within last 18 months or so, but
can't track it down.

Like this? £3:99 from your local Wickes.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160179

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ironer wrote:
Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

ISTR seeing one in a screwfix catalog within last 18 months or so, but
can't track it down.

TIA

I save all the tubs that tile cement comes in...

Come on the world is awash with plastic tubs of all shapes and sizes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message k
from "The Medway Handyman" contains
these words:

Like this? £3:99 from your local Wickes.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160179

Cor, they've come down in price - either that or that's a smaller one
than mine.

They are good though - and make handy tool-totes, too.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
ironer wrote:
Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

ISTR seeing one in a screwfix catalog within last 18 months or so,
but can't track it down.

TIA

I save all the tubs that tile cement comes in...

Come on the world is awash with plastic tubs of all shapes and sizes.

I remember when I wus a lad,Plasteres used to use a tin bath to do the
mixing.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-10-05, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
ironer wrote:
Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

I save all the tubs that tile cement comes in...

Come on the world is awash with plastic tubs of all shapes and sizes.

I particularly like the tubs of washing powder you get from Costco -
big stiff plastic ones which must be about 20 litres; vertical sides
and flat bottom so great for mixing/cleaning; and I cut a 3" hole in
the middle of the lid, which just lies in top and I can poke my
electric mixer, and not get everything covered in plaster while using
it...

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
On 2006-10-05, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
ironer wrote:
Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

ISTR seeing one in a screwfix catalog within last 18 months or so, but
can't track it down.

TIA

I save all the tubs that tile cement comes in...

Come on the world is awash with plastic tubs of all shapes and sizes.

And failing that, loads of places sell black plastic builders
buckets for GBP1 a go.

The important thing is that is has a flat bottom inside,
or you can't get the mixing paddle to mix it all.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

ironer wrote:
Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

ISTR seeing one in a screwfix catalog within last 18 months or so, but
can't track it down.

Like this? £3:99 from your local Wickes.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/160179

TFT exactly as I had in mind. 38l capacity flat bottomed flexible
sides. They were piled up next to the sand etc in my local Wickes.

Bought! Problem solved!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ironer wrote:
Any suggestions of a source for a new plaster mixing bucket please?
Needs to hold at least 30litres & be suitable for mixing with a power
driven paddle.

ISTR seeing one in a screwfix catalog within last 18 months or so,
but can't track it down.

TIA

I save all the tubs that tile cement comes in...

Come on the world is awash with plastic tubs of all shapes and sizes.

I remember when I wus a lad,Plasteres used to use a tin bath to do the
mixing.

Didnt they used to have lots of laborous then? Seems now they have to
do their own mixing and cleaning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Beer brewing bucket - its about 22 inches tall and about a foot diameter
with flat bottom

Nick