Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary

Default Bucket teeth, need ideas

I have a Kubota BX23 front loader small backhoe on rear. Would like to put
some teeth on the loader bucket, not for digging but simply so I can snag
some brush. The dealer has teeth, reasonably priced that fit into
'pockets'. Nobody seems to sell pockets that I can weld to the bucket. I
need to have the teeth removable because I often back-drag with the bucket
to smooth garden etc.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:05:50 GMT, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I have a Kubota BX23 front loader small backhoe on rear. Would like to put
some teeth on the loader bucket, not for digging but simply so I can snag
some brush. The dealer has teeth, reasonably priced that fit into
'pockets'. Nobody seems to sell pockets that I can weld to the bucket. I
need to have the teeth removable because I often back-drag with the bucket
to smooth garden etc.

Can you, instead, attach them to something that bolts on in front
of/around the scraper blade? Or, would forklift forks work better for
brush?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
I have a Kubota BX23 front loader small backhoe on rear. Would like to put
some teeth on the loader bucket, not for digging but simply so I can snag
some brush. The dealer has teeth, reasonably priced that fit into
'pockets'. Nobody seems to sell pockets that I can weld to the bucket. I
need to have the teeth removable because I often back-drag with the bucket
to smooth garden etc.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

I used a piece of flat steel, about 5 x 60 x 3/8, and drilled it to accept
some rod every 3" or so, which I then welded to the flat stock. The whole
assembly bolts to the Bobcat bucket with the teeth overhanging the edge.
Works great for snagging bush and rock raking/ seed prepping. The next one I
make I'll probably use flat stock with some depth as the teeth to eliminate
the tendency to bend. Short pieces of angle iron with one leg welded to the
bar and the other leg serving as the tooth might do the trick, similar to an
infield grooming bar.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DE

wrote:

I have a Kubota BX23 front loader small backhoe on rear. Would like to put
some teeth on the loader bucket, not for digging but simply so I can snag
some brush. The dealer has teeth, reasonably priced that fit into
'pockets'. Nobody seems to sell pockets that I can weld to the bucket. I
need to have the teeth removable because I often back-drag with the bucket
to smooth garden etc.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

My utility tractor is fitted with a GB loader and has manure forks
under the bucket. The fork teeth are alloy solid stock aprox
1.5" x2" x24", spaced close together and sharpened to a bevel
point---wicked sharp.

They work great for piling brush, feeding/moving big square bales
ect. The dirt part of the bucket fits over the manure
forks and bolts to the sides. Take a trip to a farm impliment
dealer and inspect the commercial units and knock one
off or buy one. The alloy stock would be expensive..

DD

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

If you're lucky a jaw bucket may be available for your machine. That
way you can have both teeth and a straight edge for grading, and switch
between the two from the cab. If you're extremely lucky you might find
one locally at a reasonable price. Keep your eyes open...

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG

Go to:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=buildit&Number=823756&Foru m=All_Forums&Words=tooth%20bar&Match=And&Searchpag e=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=617496&Search=true#Po st823756

Read the one titled:
homemade toothbar and make sure you open the photo attachment.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
I have a Kubota BX23 front loader small backhoe on rear. Would
like to put some teeth on the loader bucket, not for digging but
simply so I can snag some brush. The dealer has teeth,
reasonably priced that fit into 'pockets'. Nobody seems to sell
pockets that I can weld to the bucket. I need to have the teeth
removable because I often back-drag with the bucket to smooth
garden etc.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mawdeeb

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I have a Kubota BX23 front loader small backhoe on rear. Would like to put
some teeth on the loader bucket, not for digging but simply so I can snag
some brush. The dealer has teeth, reasonably priced that fit into
'pockets'. Nobody seems to sell pockets that I can weld to the bucket. I
need to have the teeth removable because I often back-drag with the bucket
to smooth garden etc.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary

Try some heavy wall tubing (square or round) and slit the end length
wise to slide over the bucket edge. Drill cross holes to secure to the
bucket. Remove when needed or bent.

My 2 cents

Jim Vrzal
Holiday,Fl.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug

go to a case dealer, or a farm implement dealer.

they will have a gazillion teeth for like 20 bucks each. and the gizmos
you weld to hold them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John

Doug wrote:

go to a case dealer, or a farm implement dealer.

they will have a gazillion teeth for like 20 bucks each. and the gizmos
you weld to hold them.

You can weld the teeth right on to the bucket but the proper way is to
weld the stub on and then mount the tooth on it. Dont dig with the
bucket with any tooth not on the stub shanks. If you do the teeth will
not fit right and will constantly be falling off. They are held on by a
pin crosswise.

John