Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY video projectors

I am seriously considering an investment of the time, money and energy
required to build a video projector. With a bit of luck and patience it
seems quite possible to acquire the required parts for not much more
than £200.

There are several groups and websites dedicated to this kind of thing,
including:

http://www.lumenlab.com/
http://www.exclusiv-online.com/shop/index.php?main=main&lang=en&up=0
http://www.hommie.net/

Has anyone here attempted this?

Daniele
--
Consideration fact
* With the robot the grudge which is possible it knocks from most
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I am seriously considering an investment of the time, money and energy
required to build a video projector.
Has anyone here attempted this?

Try uk.media.dvd and I think there`s a home cinema group as well that
will be more likely to have tried...

Possibly worth a punt over at avforums too...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
I am seriously considering an investment of the time, money and energy
required to build a video projector. With a bit of luck and patience it
seems quite possible to acquire the required parts for not much more
than £200.

There are several groups and websites dedicated to this kind of thing,
including:

http://www.lumenlab.com/
http://www.exclusiv-online.com/shop/index.php?main=main&lang=en&up=0
http://www.hommie.net/

Has anyone here attempted this?

Daniele
--
Consideration fact
* With the robot the grudge which is possible it knocks from most
shouting distance.
* It is short accurate and it knocks.

Lamps are very costly and a poor picture would be annoying. Why not try and
get a used one from a company that uses them for business presentations -
many will be upgrading to newer / smaller / brighter ones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

I am seriously considering an investment of the time, money and energy
required to build a video projector. With a bit of luck and patience it
seems quite possible to acquire the required parts for not much more
than £200.

There are several groups and websites dedicated to this kind of thing,
including:

http://www.lumenlab.com/
http://www.exclusiv-online.com/shop/index.php?main=main&lang=en&up=0
http://www.hommie.net/

Lamps are very costly

Not in these designs.

and a poor picture would be annoying.

But a good one would be nice.

Daniele
--
Consideration fact
* With the robot the grudge which is possible it knocks from most
shouting distance.
* It is short accurate and it knocks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "John" contains these words:

Lamps are very costly

Dide you visit the website? Their lamps are actually quite cheap.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:
I am seriously considering an investment of the time, money and energy
required to build a video projector. With a bit of luck and patience it
seems quite possible to acquire the required parts for not much more
than £200.

Hi

I know this is uk.d-i-y but I really think you are wasting your time,
effort and money.

For the same price as buying all the bits to build one - and frankly it
will be a complete disappointment whatever you do - you could buy a
used LCD projector off eBay.

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stevelup wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:

I am seriously considering an investment of the time, money and energy
required to build a video projector. With a bit of luck and patience it
seems quite possible to acquire the required parts for not much more
than £200.

I know this is uk.d-i-y but I really think you are wasting your time,
effort and money.

For the same price as buying all the bits to build one - and frankly it
will be a complete disappointment whatever you do - you could buy a
used LCD projector off eBay.

Steve

Its actually very easy, if you dont mind low brightness levels. The old
epidiascopes were a black box with the illuminated picture on the back,
and a single lens 8" or so in front of it. And thats all thats needed
for a basic unit, a screen with as high brightness as poss and a lens.
You wont get particularly good light levels and large pics at the same
time, but adequate for some tasks.

So really it all depends.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Owain wrote:
I know this is uk.d-i-y but I really think you are wasting your time,
effort and money.

So do I.

Yes. When I first read it I thought Camm's Comics were alive and well.

--
*And don't start a sentence with a conjunction *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.