Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom Fitting Order

Folks,

I'm about to fit a bathroom and I'd just like to confirm the best order
to fit things,

I was thinking the following:

1. Fit the bath
2. Lay the floor (wooden)
3. Skirting boards
4. Tile the walls
5. Fit toilet and sink

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks
Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JonG" wrote in message
ups.com...
Folks,

I'm about to fit a bathroom and I'd just like to confirm the best order
to fit things,

I was thinking the following:

1. Fit the bath
2. Lay the floor (wooden)
3. Skirting boards
4. Tile the walls
5. Fit toilet and sink

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

I would do it in this order

1. Tile the walls (apart from bottom rows around bath and floor. (this
avoids damage to bath and floor by dropped tiles, adhesive etc).
2. Fit Bath
3. Lay floor
4. Skirting Boards
1a. Finish off the tiling and sealant
5. Fit toilet & Sink

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JonG wrote:
Folks,

I'm about to fit a bathroom and I'd just like to confirm the best order
to fit things,

I was thinking the following:

1. Fit the bath
2. Lay the floor (wooden)
3. Skirting boards
4. Tile the walls
5. Fit toilet and sink

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks
Jon

Thats pretty much my way except I often tile last of all after
everything is in place. I have a penchant for 'built in' basins...and
pipework to them and the toilet.

If its a simple install then I accept that tiling before fitting the
toilet cistern is a Good Thing. But trial fit it before tiling to make
sure you have suitable bits of wood to mount it off, in stud walls anyway.

I think my toilet was in and out about three times ...once to get the
pipework mostly in place, then out to get the boxing done and the floor
laid, then in to check and adjust the pipework, then out to get the
tiling done, then in finally. Actually I had to take it out AGAIN and
redo te boxing where it foiled the downpipe..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

you could leave out the skirtings if you are tiling to floor not really
needed in a bathroom, I fitted the bath first then tiled then toilet and
basin best possible finish and very neat