Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding a timer to a boiler

Hello all

I'm after some advice on the following: My boiler has no timer it, it
has two switches on the wall, one turns the hot water on, the other one
turns the central heating on (this one only works if the water switch
is also on).

Can anyone advise me how I should wire a timer in, and also what timer
I should get. Nothing fancy, I just want hot water and a warm house in
the morning before I get up!

Many thanks

Simon Marshall

my email is a spam trap. replies to group only thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all

I'm after some advice on the following: My boiler has no timer it, it
has two switches on the wall, one turns the hot water on, the other one
turns the central heating on (this one only works if the water switch
is also on).

Can anyone advise me how I should wire a timer in, and also what timer
I should get. Nothing fancy, I just want hot water and a warm house in
the morning before I get up!

Many thanks

Simon Marshall

my email is a spam trap. replies to group only thanks.

The Horstmann C27 Centaur Plus Programmer
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOC27.html at about £25 will do what
you want. The wiring diagram is quite simple, however I cannot advise if
you are competant or not and you are dealing with 230v, at your own risk! I
can email the instruction leaflet if required.

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article .com,
wrote:
I'm after some advice on the following: My boiler has no timer it, it
has two switches on the wall, one turns the hot water on, the other one
turns the central heating on (this one only works if the water switch
is also on).

Can anyone advise me how I should wire a timer in, and also what timer
I should get. Nothing fancy, I just want hot water and a warm house in
the morning before I get up!

Pretty well any central heating programmer will do. Here's one range.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ers/index.html

and of course most sheds will also sell them.

My minimum spec would be an electronic one which has at least two on/off
settings per day, and I'd choose the C27.

As regards wiring, you already have the switch returns at the existing
switches, but you'll also need a neutral for the timer electronics.

--
*Why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Andrews wrote:

The Horstmann C27 Centaur Plus Programmer
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOC27.html at about £25 will do what
you want. The wiring diagram is quite simple, however I cannot advise if
you are competant or not and you are dealing with 230v, at your own risk! I
can email the instruction leaflet if required.

Peter

Peter, many thanks for your advice, think I'll go for this. A wiring
diagram would be much appreciated, my email is simonmarshall at hotmail
dot co dot uk please add carpentry after my name.

I am not an electrician but am reasonably proficient at this sort of
thing.

Best regards,

simon marshall

Problems fitting a boiler timer switch... wallerdm UK diy 1 August 12th 06 02:50 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
installing remote electronic timer to vokera combi boiler Mr Conway UK diy 5 February 13th 05 09:48 AM
Danfoss FP715 Timer / Combi Boiler DK UK diy 0 February 11th 04 08:02 PM
worcester boiler program timer roger UK diy 2 November 9th 03 11:18 PM