Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default nailing conduit to red brick

trying to fit pvc conduit to a red brick wall with very limited sucess,
masonry nails just bending, any ideas apart from drilling and screwing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Staffbull wrote:
trying to fit pvc conduit to a red brick wall with very limited sucess,
masonry nails just bending, any ideas apart from drilling and screwing?

Drilling and nailing. There are fixings designed that way. Try an
electrical wholesaler
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
Staffbull wrote:
trying to fit pvc conduit to a red brick wall with very limited
sucess, masonry nails just bending, any ideas apart from drilling
and screwing?

NoNail it to the wall,after all it will be plastered over eventually.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

"Staffbull" wrote in message
ps.com...
trying to fit pvc conduit to a red brick wall with very limited sucess,
masonry nails just bending, any ideas apart from drilling and screwing?

nail into the mortar or fit timber plugs like in the olden days

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stuart Noble
writes
Staffbull wrote:
trying to fit pvc conduit to a red brick wall with very limited sucess,
masonry nails just bending, any ideas apart from drilling and screwing?

Drilling and nailing. There are fixings designed that way. Try an
electrical wholesaler

Or Exterior no more nails

worked for him ...

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~gizmo/pi...re%20Nails.jpg

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Staffbull wrote:
trying to fit pvc conduit to a red brick wall with very limited sucess,
masonry nails just bending, any ideas apart from drilling and screwing?

Thanks, I think I'll no more nails will do, I would nail the mortar bed
but I have left the rendering on the wall to plaster over it so can't
see where the mortar is!