Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing cooker elements for cleaning

I bought a Neff U1452 cooker about four years ago. I've only used the
fan function during that time. The top element, which is exposed, now
has a nice coating of grease on it, so if I switch it on I almost
immediately get a thick cloud of smoke!

Cleaning the rest of the cooker isn't too difficult, especially as the
door is removable, but the top element and the wire cage it fits into
is just too fiddly. If I could remove it, it would be much easier.

Is it easy to remove? It looks like the cage which holds it fixes by
one screw at the front, and the rear support is just provided by the
elements pushing into the back wall. I would have thought that
elements do fail and it would be unreasonable to have remove and
dismantle the cooker to replace them, so I'm hoping they are just a
push fit into the back, but I'm loath to try to remove them until I
know I'm doing the right thing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hatfield wrote:
[...]

In all the ones that I've done (not all that many too be honest)
element removal/replacement has involved pulling the cooker/oven out
and removing the rear panel in order to access the securing nuts (and
wiring) on the element(s).

Mathew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Hatfield presented the following explanation :
[...]

All of those I come cross (not that many) have had one or two nuts and
bolts holding them to the wall and push on terminals at the other side
of the back wall. Which basically means you will need to pull the oven
out, remove the back panel, plus insulation etc..

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

gas cooker Rocket Ron UK diy 6 January 30th 06 05:17 PM
Removing the fan from a fridge/freezer Stephen Chard Home Repair 2 September 4th 04 02:26 PM
Electrical - Rangemaster p90 all gas Bill Gardener UK diy 8 December 14th 03 11:45 AM
Arrghhh! My brain hurts. Electrical trouble with new cooker. Tim Downie UK diy 3 November 18th 03 08:48 PM
Connecting Delinghi Gas Cooker to flexible (threaded) hose connector Ghazali UK diy 5 August 27th 03 04:43 PM