Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Suppliers double wall cardboard [slighty OT]

Looking for cardboard to make play-house for 16 month old daughter.
Anyone had experience sourcing large sheets double wall cardboard?
Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

Not a traditional building material in UK, I know, but with a little
imagination cardboard makes an interesting material. Check out the
cardboard school, and some of Shigeru Ban's work.

http://www.cardboardschool.co.uk/

Thanks
--
Martin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In uk.d-i-y, Martin Hind wrote:
Looking for cardboard to make play-house for 16 month old daughter.
Anyone had experience sourcing large sheets double wall cardboard?
Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

Slightly different, I know, but I recently needed a small quantity of
double-wall cardboard boxes made to an exact size, and found these
people very helpful:

http://www.valepack.co.uk/

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Sep 2006 03:15:23 -0700, Martin Hind wrote:

Looking for cardboard to make play-house for 16 month old daughter.
Anyone had experience sourcing large sheets double wall cardboard?
Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

The 16th month old won't care about it being an old box... Indeed an old
box with the flaps etc will probably be more exciting than anything you
can make. Source, try the whitegoods shops, I expect they get a number of
TV boxes to dispose of after they have delivered a set.

My two (9 and 6) still have great fun with old boxes.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

I doubt *she'll* care :-)

Although check for the metal staples you often get in large cardboard boxes.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:
Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

I doubt *she'll* care :-)

Although check for the metal staples you often get in large cardboard boxes.

They just add a gritty reality when playing Doctors & Nurses :-0

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin Hind wrote:
Looking for cardboard to make play-house for 16 month old daughter.
Anyone had experience sourcing large sheets double wall cardboard?
Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

Yes, I needed some sheets about 10 years ago to model a proposed
rear extension to the house. Back in those days, software was supplied
shrink-wrapped in cardboard boxes, so I asked the company who made
the boxes for us. They dropped off 6 triple-walled corrugated 6'x4'
sheets from their artic at home for free. I've no idea how much they
would have cost to buy, but you could look for a cardboard box
fabricator on your area. Sadly, we stopped using their cardboard boxes
not long after that.

--
Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Looking for cardboard to make play-house for 16 month old daughter.
Anyone had experience sourcing large sheets double wall cardboard?
Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

Not a traditional building material in UK, I know, but with a little
imagination cardboard makes an interesting material. Check out the
cardboard school, and some of Shigeru Ban's work.

http://www.cardboardschool.co.uk/

Thanks

Try a cycle shop or 'Halfrauds'

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin Hind wrote:

Looking for cardboard to make play-house for 16 month old daughter.
Anyone had experience sourcing large sheets double wall cardboard?
Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

Not a traditional building material in UK, I know, but with a little
imagination cardboard makes an interesting material. Check out the
cardboard school, and some of Shigeru Ban's work.

http://www.cardboardschool.co.uk/

Thanks

The common light stuff is twinwall, sounds like what you need is
triplewall. Twin has has 2 walls and 1 infill, triplewall has 3 & 2,
and is used on big boxes.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

NT:

The common light stuff is twinwall, sounds like what you need is triplewall.
Twin has has 2 walls and 1 infill, triplewall has 3 & 2, and is used on big boxes.

related question: why does no-one use ply style triplewall cardboard,
ie with the 2 corrugated layers at 90degs to each other?

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Looking for cardboard to make play-house for 16 month old daughter.
Anyone had experience sourcing large sheets double wall cardboard?
Want to make a nice job so prefer not to cut up old boxes.

Not a traditional building material in UK, I know, but with a little
imagination cardboard makes an interesting material. Check out the
cardboard school, and some of Shigeru Ban's work.

http://www.cardboardschool.co.uk/

Thanks

Try a cycle shop or 'Halfrauds'

cheers,
Pete.

Actually the very nicest thing I have seen is card skinned polystyrene
sheet.

Its got built in cavity wall insulation.

Get it from craft shops.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/pid/4063378

£20 for a ready cutout cardboard house that you colour in yourself.......

Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pete Cross wrote:

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/pid/4063378

£20 for a ready cutout cardboard house that you colour in yourself........

Pete

would I need PP for that?

NT