Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The best paint to use in a bathroom ?

What's the best paint to use in a bathroom on (previously painted) pine
tongue & groove walls/ceiling ?.

woodglass...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi

If the original paint is okay then do your basic prep; clean, remove
loose stuff, and prim any bare surfaces.
I'd then use a bathroom and kitchen paint which is quite durable and
resists condensation. If you are after a certain colour not available
off the shelf then a 50/50 mix of matt and silk is a good tip,

woodglass wrote:
What's the best paint to use in a bathroom on (previously painted) pine
tongue & groove walls/ceiling ?.

woodglass...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Talon2000uk wrote:
Hi

If the original paint is okay then do your basic prep; clean, remove
loose stuff, and prim any bare surfaces.
I'd then use a bathroom and kitchen paint which is quite durable and
resists condensation. If you are after a certain colour not available
off the shelf then a 50/50 mix of matt and silk is a good tip,

How does a paint resist condensation? Is it warmer? How much insulation
can there be in a film of paint?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:
Talon2000uk wrote:
Hi

If the original paint is okay then do your basic prep; clean, remove
loose stuff, and prim any bare surfaces.
I'd then use a bathroom and kitchen paint which is quite durable and
resists condensation. If you are after a certain colour not available
off the shelf then a 50/50 mix of matt and silk is a good tip,

How does a paint resist condensation? Is it warmer? How much insulation
can there be in a film of paint?

No paint resists condensation.

The best that can be said is that its anti-fungus which means it won't
go mouldy.

I prefer however an ordinary matte emulsion. If there are condenation
problems fix those first.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
"Talon2000uk" writes:
Hi

If the original paint is okay then do your basic prep; clean, remove
loose stuff, and prim any bare surfaces.
I'd then use a bathroom and kitchen paint which is quite durable and
resists condensation.

It stops condensation soaking into the wall. It doesn't stop
it forming, running down, and making a puddle on the floor.
It will also stop the wall breathing, and in some circumstances,
that could make a wall damp which wasn't before.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What's the best paint to use in a bathroom on (previously painted) pine
tongue & groove walls/ceiling ?.

I would use an water/acrylic emulsion paint for this. It is sold under
various names and with various sheens, such as "quick drying
satinwood/gloss" and "tough emulsion".

If the previous paint was oil based gloss, then it will need a lot of
rubbing down and should then be coated in an acrylic undercoat/primer.
However, even other previous finishes would benefit from this treatment.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:16:43 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

How does a paint resist condensation? Is it warmer? How much insulation
can there be in a film of paint?

They put more vinyl in it.