Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laying laminate - across the boards or along the wall?

I am about to lay Quick-step Eligna laminate in a rectangular room,
with a window in one of the short walls.

The base floor is wooden floorboards, laid parallel to the long wall,
i.e. pointing at the window.

Should I lay the laminate planks ACROSS the wooden boards or parallel
to the long wall?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Joe Murray contains these words:

The base floor is wooden floorboards, laid parallel to the long wall,
i.e. pointing at the window.

Should I lay the laminate planks ACROSS the wooden boards or parallel
to the long wall?

In my experience the floor looks a bit odd with the pattern running side
to side in a long room.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Joe Murray" wrote in message
I am about to lay Quick-step Eligna laminate in a rectangular room,
with a window in one of the short walls.

The base floor is wooden floorboards, laid parallel to the long wall,
i.e. pointing at the window.

Should I lay the laminate planks ACROSS the wooden boards or parallel
to the long wall?

Lay parallel to longest wall .. and use an underlay (3mm closed cell or
similar)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC DJC is offline

Joe Murray wrote:
I am about to lay Quick-step Eligna laminate in a rectangular room,
with a window in one of the short walls.

The base floor is wooden floorboards, laid parallel to the long wall,
i.e. pointing at the window.

Should I lay the laminate planks ACROSS the wooden boards or parallel
to the long wall?

Lay across the existing boards if you want it to be stable. If the room
is *very* long and narrow, and thus you want it parallel to the existing
boards foe aesthetic reasons then you will need to be sure the old
boards are firm and flat and use a substantial underlay.