Default Painting skirting boards near laminate floors

Painting skirting boards.

If the room has a carpet, I simply roll back the carpet and paint the
skirting board. Leave it overnight to dry.

What if the room has laminate flooring? Should I use a "cutting in"
brush?
I will probably use water-based paint. Will this wipe off the laminate
floor OK if I spill or inadvertently paint the floor?!

Thanks
Bruce

Bob Mannix

wrote in message
oups.com...
Painting skirting boards.

If the room has a carpet, I simply roll back the carpet and paint the
skirting board. Leave it overnight to dry.

What if the room has laminate flooring? Should I use a "cutting in"
brush?
I will probably use water-based paint. Will this wipe off the laminate
floor OK if I spill or inadvertently paint the floor?!

If the laminate floor has a bit of give due to the underlay you could do
what I did:

Shove lining paper under the skirting boards all the way round.

Paint.

Break the paint join to the paper by scraping round with a small screwdriver

Remove the lining paper.

You now have nice skirting boards with a slightly whiskery bottom edge.

Go round firmly brushing the bottom of the skirting boards where they meet
the floor with an old toothbrush.

This resulted in a near perfect finish.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Nice one, Bob.

I might be able to get away with using a bit of masking tape or
similar.
If I use water-based paint it should be easy to clean up any errors.
Its just a coat of white paint to brighten 'em up a bit!

Bruce

Wooden Floors andrewpreece UK diy 6 November 17th 04 11:03 PM
Ikea Laminate floors Shoaib Home Repair 1 September 15th 04 12:18 AM
Mohawk laminate floors Alexander Galkin Home Repair 2 March 20th 04 07:39 PM
Living With Laminate Floors? HerHusband Home Repair 41 February 5th 04 05:45 PM
removing skirting boards Roger Mills UK diy 3 August 4th 03 04:42 PM