Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default best underlay for laminate

We have decided on laminate for the kitchen, Ceramic tiles were on the
list but the possibility of them breaking when something heavy is
dropped counted them out ( dunno how many times i've dropped one of the
copper bottom pans!!)

What is the best option for underlay onto a concrete floor which is
fairly level but has "tamping" marks left by when I laid the slab,
undulations of around 2-3mm screfix do a "heavy duty" board type that
looks the biz,

anyone have experience of this type?

cheers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob bob is offline

I was told Timbermate Excel Silver was one of the better underlays.

http://www.hardwoodfloorstore.co.uk/...rlay_offer.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bob wrote:
I was told Timbermate Excel Silver was one of the better underlays.

http://www.hardwoodfloorstore.co.uk/...rlay_offer.htm

cheers, not too bad at £2.75 either !!