Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix - phantom order

Has anyone ever seen a rogue order appear on their order history with
Screwfix?

I was on the site yesterday looking at something I'd ordered a while ago and
noticed an order from 9 September marked cancelled. Even stranger it as
marked at "pickup" from the trade counter (the one quite close to me as it
happens). I've never used the trade counter, and I certainly didn't submit
this order (nor did I cancel it!).

I emailed Screwfix and they apologised, saying they had no records of who
submitted the order and guessed they "got the postcode mixed up".

My first thought was possible fraud - as I used to store my credit card
details on the site. I've now deleted all my credit card details and
changed my password!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Piers Finlayson wrote:

My first thought was possible fraud - as I used to store my credit
card details on the site. I've now deleted all my credit card
details and changed my password!

Dang! if thats not the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Dang! if thats not the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Wow!

That must be a really stupid thing then.