Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen Cupbard Plinths

I am fitting new plinths to kitchen cupboards. I will fasten the
plinths to the legs of the cupboards. But I have an internal corner.
Do you normally butt one plinth up to the other without securing it or
is there a trick for securing one to the other.

0 0 0 0
-------------------------
|\
0| \
| \
| this corner

0|

0 are the legs of the cupboards under the units ie join the horizontal
and vertical plinths in diagram above

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike friend wrote:

I am fitting new plinths to kitchen cupboards. I will fasten the
plinths to the legs of the cupboards. But I have an internal corner.
Do you normally butt one plinth up to the other without securing it or
is there a trick for securing one to the other.

0 0 0 0
-------------------------
|\
0| \
| \
| this corner

0|

0 are the legs of the cupboards under the units ie join the horizontal
and vertical plinths in diagram above

Butt them

Biggles
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Biggles wrote:
mike friend wrote:

I am fitting new plinths to kitchen cupboards. I will fasten the
plinths to the legs of the cupboards. But I have an internal corner.
Do you normally butt one plinth up to the other without securing it or
is there a trick for securing one to the other.

0 0 0 0
-------------------------
|\
0| \ | \
| this corner

0|

0 are the legs of the cupboards under the units ie join the horizontal
and vertical plinths in diagram above

Butt them

Biggles

Use dowels and glue if wanting a permanent thingy, or make to length
screwing plates on the back to hold.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Biggles wrote:
mike friend wrote:

I am fitting new plinths to kitchen cupboards. I will fasten the
plinths to the legs of the cupboards. But I have an internal corner.
Do you normally butt one plinth up to the other without securing it
or is there a trick for securing one to the other.

Just butt one up against the other, they aren't structural :-)

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman