Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermocouple gone?

Right, got a Glowworm Hideaway boiler which refuses to stay lit.

The pilot light comes on fine as long as your pushing the control knob in,
soon as you let go (even after leaving the pilot on for more than the
required time) it immediately goes out.

Does this sound like the thermocouple and are such things easy to replace?

--
Best Wishes
Simon Taylor

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Does this sound like the thermocouple and are such things easy to replace?

Yes, and yes, usually.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message

Does this sound like the thermocouple and are such things easy to
replace?

Yes, and yes, usually.

When I replaced the thermostat for the first time on my Gloworm, they said
it was universal, so the next time I bought one in B&Q (not sure if they
still do them and that worked fine.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Mannix" wrote in message...
When I replaced the thermostat for the first time on my Gloworm, they said
it was universal, so the next time I bought one in B&Q (not sure if they
still do them and that worked fine.

Did you have to take the front of the ignition box to replace it?

--
Best Wishes
Simon (aka Dark Angel)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dark Angel has brought this to us :
Right, got a Glowworm Hideaway boiler which refuses to stay lit.

The pilot light comes on fine as long as your pushing the control knob in,
soon as you let go (even after leaving the pilot on for more than the
required time) it immediately goes out.

Does this sound like the thermocouple and are such things easy to replace?

Yes, but there is also the possibility that it could be the solenoid
coil and/or gas valve - try the thermocouple first.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Dark Angel" writes:
Right, got a Glowworm Hideaway boiler which refuses to stay lit.

The pilot light comes on fine as long as your pushing the control knob in,
soon as you let go (even after leaving the pilot on for more than the
required time) it immediately goes out.

Does this sound like the thermocouple and are such things easy to replace?

Another possibility is a partially blocked pilot light,
so it's not playing on the thermocouple anymore.

--
Andrew Gabriel