Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bathroom extractor too powerful ?

Is this likely to be too powerful for a bathroom around 2m x 2m x 2.5m
in size ?
Will be venting through approx 4-5m of ducting in loft and out of
flapped vent in gable end.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTDK160.html
Cheers,
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is this likely to be too powerful for a bathroom around 2m x 2m x 2.5m
in size ?
Will be venting through approx 4-5m of ducting in loft and out of
flapped vent in gable end.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTDK160.html

I have exactly this fan (with the timer option) with about the same length
of ducting. It works just fine. My room is somewhat smaller, but I suspect
it could service one your size.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Christian McArdle wrote:
Is this likely to be too powerful for a bathroom around 2m x 2m x 2.5m
in size ?
Will be venting through approx 4-5m of ducting in loft and out of
flapped vent in gable end.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTDK160.html

I have exactly this fan (with the timer option) with about the same length
of ducting. It works just fine. My room is somewhat smaller, but I suspect
it could service one your size.

Christian.

Do you know if the timer on the 160T version can be set to "off". Not
sure if I want run-on or not at present, and if eventually connected to
humidistat, run-on would be a pain.
Cheers,
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this likely to be too powerful for a bathroom around 2m x 2m x 2.5m
in size ?
Will be venting through approx 4-5m of ducting in loft and out of
flapped vent in gable end.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTDK160.html
Cheers,
Simon.

You might like to have a look at Vent-Axia products which are incidentally
made in Britain. I replaced my puny 45cm/min with one of their ceiling
products and it moves 240 cm/hour. My bathroom is same size as yours.
Size is about 8" x 10". Noisier than the puny one but BOY does it do the
job.

Jimmie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jay Arr wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this likely to be too powerful for a bathroom around 2m x 2m x 2.5m
in size ?
Will be venting through approx 4-5m of ducting in loft and out of
flapped vent in gable end.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SLTDK160.html
Cheers,
Simon.

You might like to have a look at Vent-Axia products which are incidentally
made in Britain. I replaced my puny 45cm/min with one of their ceiling
products and it moves 240 cm/hour. My bathroom is same size as yours.
Size is about 8" x 10". Noisier than the puny one but BOY does it do the
job.

Jimmie

Shurely shome mishtake?

45 cubic metres per minute is 2,700 cubic metres per hour, which means
your 'puny' fan outrates your other fan by more than a factor of 10.

Even if you meant (unlikely, I know) that it moves 45 centimetres per
hour, the same applies. It will have moved 27 metres in one hour (next
door, and then some) while the other one has moved only 2.4 metres -
just about into the next room.

Sid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Do you know if the timer on the 160T version can be set to "off". Not
sure if I want run-on or not at present, and if eventually connected to
humidistat, run-on would be a pain.

You can do this with most run-on fans. Just run the switched live to the
permanent live as well and there will be no power to run-on.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yep ... I reckon I got my decilitres mixed up with my nanodoobries. In
layman's terms, the Vent-Axia will rip a string vest off a tall Cherokee...

Jim

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message .com
from contains these words:

45 cubic metres per minute is 2,700 cubic metres per hour, which means
your 'puny' fan outrates your other fan by more than a factor of 10.

I reckon you'd have trouble opening the door with a draught like that!

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Jay Arr" contains these words:

Yep ... I reckon I got my decilitres mixed up with my nanodoobries. In
layman's terms, the Vent-Axia will rip a string vest off a tall Cherokee...

You're not the only one. Someone on our local FreeCycle was offering a
DG window. First she reckoned it was 100mx120m. When I pointed out this
was rather large she sheepishly changed it. To 100mmx120mm. Eventually
she gave up and said 3'4 x 4'.

--
Skipweasel