Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Multipurpose Workbench

Hi

I've been looking at this:-

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15156

It seems an ideal multi-purpose tool. I plan on using it primarily as a
tablesaw and router table.

Has anyone got any comments?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here is the brochu-

http://tinyurl.com/q8vqw

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stevelup wrote:
Hi

I've been looking at this:-

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15156

It seems an ideal multi-purpose tool. I plan on using it primarily as
a tablesaw and router table.

Has anyone got any comments?

Thanks,

Steve

First impressions...Instability when passing lumber through.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stevelup wrote:
Hi

I've been looking at this:-

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15156

It seems an ideal multi-purpose tool. I plan on using it primarily as
a tablesaw and router table.

Has anyone got any comments?

Thanks,

Steve

If you want a workbench? make your own.

This can be achieved with limited graft ie I've aquired an office desk that
has a steel 1" square frame work which I picked up in an auction room for
10GBP.
Its as solid as a proper workbench would come.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-09-09 14:30:44 +0100, "stevelup" said:

Hi

I've been looking at this:-

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15156

It seems an ideal multi-purpose tool. I plan on using it primarily as a
tablesaw and router table.

Has anyone got any comments?

Thanks,

Steve

I wouldn't buy this sight unseen.

I have one of the other products in Wolfcraft's range for Workmate
applications - i.e. clamping and rough sawing - and it's somewhat
better than B&D's offerings.

However, generically these portable machine tables tend to be a bit of
a disappointment. The plastic topped ones (e.g. B&D) tend to be a bit
flimsy and the sheet metal ones liable to bend because the table is not
well supported. The other issue is that it can take a long time
to mount and demount as well as to adjust the power tools. Keep in
mind as well that a 180mm typical circular saw is not going to have a
lot of depth of cut in a bench.

If you are interested in this type of solution, the Triton Workcentre
could be worth looking at as well.

If you are having to buy the power tools as well then it may be worth
looking at a fixed table saw and a router table. Both are likely to
be more satisfactory.