Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Good designer in North London?

I'm revving up to get a ground floor extension done to my terraced
house here in Finchley (and hope to get some general refurb work in at
the same time). I intend to get a designer to help me out on the
extension bit, and preferably some advice on things like brickwork
refrub and other general maintenance for the rest of house. I'm not
intending to do the work myself, hence this is OT.

I'm thinking a suitable surveyor building surveyor (MRICS) or an
architectural technician (MBIAT) might fit the bill, althogh there are
some possibly "creative" options, so maybe an architect if I can afford
them.

Can anyone reccommend a decent person? I intend to check references,
etc. but would rather not kiss a bunch of frogs via the Yellow Pages.

Thanks for any help.

John

PS: I've had a look on homepro.com but there's not much there about
this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh rrh is offline

"BlueJohn" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Can't give you a personal recommendation but my neighbours recommended their
architect (sic) when I said I was thinking of having a custom-built garage
added to my house. Their architect planned and oversaw a major house
refurb/internal redesign/renovation/extension for them in 2003-04 (it took
the best part of a year to complete the work). We are just south of East
Finchley. If you are interested I will email the contact.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Can't give you a personal recommendation but my neighbours recommended their
architect (sic) when I said I was thinking of having a custom-built garage
added to my house. Their architect planned and oversaw a major house
refurb/internal redesign/renovation/extension for them in 2003-04 (it took
the best part of a year to complete the work). We are just south of East
Finchley. If you are interested I will email the contact.

Thanks - if you can email me the contact that would be nice. The above
address is just my newsgroup address, but it'll do.

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Good independent windows source in North London? Nndroid UK diy 2 November 30th 05 03:28 PM
Reverse Osmosis good, bad, and ugly? Danglerb Home Repair 7 August 7th 05 05:22 AM
Good High Wheel Mower -- Tall Grass ??? James Nipper Home Repair 2 April 23rd 04 02:44 AM