Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix - Excellent costomer service

I went on-line and ordered a specific tool from Screwfix ... then thinking
'while I'm at it - and qualified for 'free' postage -I'll order up some
'spare' things, rawlplugs, fuses, screws etc". The order was accepted and
an email received in confirmation. Feeling pleased with myself and told my
wife 'Sorted!' and settled down with a cup of tea.
The 'phone went and my wife turns to me with a 'It's Screwfix, there's a
problem with your order ... !" ... Screwfix's young lady said, 'The _tool_
you've ordered .. it's out of stock and we don't know when it'll be back in
stock. Do you want the rest of the order?" "Oh, bother!' (or words to that
effect)"that's the only item I actually wanted, the rest is just make-weight
to utilise the 'free' postage!" That's all right!" she said "We'll waive the
postage and send off the remainder. Sorry to have inconvenienced you!".
The package arrived the following morning, and my bank account confirms that
I wasn't charged for the non-supplied tool.
This is service of a very high level. Thanks, Screwfix.

I managed to obtain the required tool ... but at a higher price than from
Screwfix.
That's life, and desperation

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Sharrock wrote:
[...]

Did the nice young lady offer anything else by way of compensation?

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y
LSR LSR is offline

Brian Sharrock wrote:
snippage
That's all right!" she said "We'll waive the postage ...

Screwfix postage is free whatever the order value. However they do charge
for "packing and handling" if the order is under £45. Check that they waived
that.
--
LSR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"LSR" wrote in message
Brian Sharrock wrote:
snippage
That's all right!" she said "We'll waive the postage ...

Screwfix postage is free whatever the order value. However they do charge
for "packing and handling" if the order is under £45. Check that they
waived that.
--
LSR

I'm sure by saying that he checked his bank account that means he ( the OP)
wasn't charged for anyhting other than the cost of the goods .

As for the "packing and handling" charge I _still_ regard it as postage
despite what it is called ..Originally that's what Screwfix called it as
well.

Stuart

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:48:59 GMT, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

[...]

They didnt do that with their old %10 discount on orders over £100.
They just sent the order and you lost out on the discount.

Oil to Natural Gas Conversion Costs kp Home Repair 165 August 8th 06 05:38 AM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Screwfix next day service - not Lobster UK diy 33 October 10th 04 01:44 PM
Gas boiler service review/advice David Hearn UK diy 1 November 18th 03 04:21 PM
Screwfix tablesaw and customer service Grunff UK diy 5 September 5th 03 09:34 PM