Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Monday at Lidl

Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I got one of these from Netto a couple of years ago

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...al_Caliper.ar3

Possibly the best bargain shop thing I've bought.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ps.com...
I got one of these from Netto a couple of years ago

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...al_Caliper.ar3

Possibly the best bargain shop thing I've bought.

Ive just paid 30 quid for one of them!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "R D S" contains these words:

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...al_Caliper.ar3

Possibly the best bargain shop thing I've bought.

Ive just paid 30 quid for one of them!

I've just got one of the Aldi ones. Seems very good so far. Reads all my
feeler gauges on the dot, for a start.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I got one of these from Netto a couple of years ago

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...al_Caliper.ar3

Possibly the best bargain shop thing I've bought.

Ive just paid 30 quid for one of them!

Yeah - I paid £5 at Netto, then saw the exact same model in screwfix
for £20.

It's a nicely machined bit of stainless steel, and checked against my
micrometer the accuracy is sterling.

So don't be sore, even at £30 it's a nicely made/working tool.

I suspect they may be product dumping because the battery hatch has a
habit of falling off (gaffa tape around mine) - and it will chew
through batteries if you forget to turn it off every time you put it
down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I got one of these from Netto a couple of years ago

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pa...al_Caliper.ar3

Possibly the best bargain shop thing I've bought.

I got one at Aldi a few weeks ago, and your right it is a bargain.
Quite accurate and usefull.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:39:27 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

|Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.
|
| http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo

Yep it is on my list of things to get.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

Look under food offers!

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

Look under food offers!

Adam

You'd better buy some *Anti wrinkle night cream* then, in the same
criteria.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "ARWadsworth" contains these words:

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

My god, that's very nearly a week's worth!

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message
from "ARWadsworth" contains these
words:

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

My god, that's very nearly a week's worth!

More like a bloody year....................

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "The Medway Handyman" contains
these words:

My god, that's very nearly a week's worth!

More like a bloody year....................

Well, of course now I've been disconnected...

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)
My god, that's very nearly a week's worth!

More like a bloody year....................

Christ, you haven't been married long I can tell !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

I thought this was a DIY group? You don't need condoms for DIY. Condoms are
for sharing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-19 21:58:33 +0100, "Jason" said:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

I thought this was a DIY group? You don't need condoms for DIY. Condoms
are for sharing.

You don't know what his fetishes are....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 560832 20060819 215833 "Jason" wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

I thought this was a DIY group? You don't need condoms for DIY. Condoms are
for sharing.

There was a saying in the RAF that you only need a big hammer and a condom to
do any job (if the hammer doesn't do it then f*ck it).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jason" wrote in message
. uk...

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

I thought this was a DIY group? You don't need condoms for DIY. Condoms
are for sharing.

I used one to make a watertight bag for my mobile phone whilst working
outside in the rain.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-20 14:59:07 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
said:

"Jason" wrote in message
. uk...

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

I thought this was a DIY group? You don't need condoms for DIY. Condoms
are for sharing.

I used one to make a watertight bag for my mobile phone whilst working
outside in the rain.

Adam

I suppose the little teat on the end fits the stub antenna perfectly.
The difficulty I see is putting it your ear and being called a
d*ckhead. Perhaps not though...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

And condoms buy one get one free (actually buy 12 and get 12 free)

You don't need them for DIY ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo

That painting set looks like good value.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo

That painting set looks like good value.

I'm a bit confused with regards to the ladder?

If both side are 251cm and extends to an upright position height of
419cm,surely that cant be right? by my calculations it should extend to
502cm

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

I'm a bit confused with regards to the ladder?

If both side are 251cm and extends to an upright position height of
419cm,surely that cant be right? by my calculations it should extend
to 502cm

It says it "extends from 251cm to 419cm as a single ladder", so it must
slide rather than just unfold. If it slides it must have an overlap - 502
less 419 = 83cm.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo

Decided to have a look.

Machine screw selection at 3.99 seemed well worth it, as was the 19 piece
drill set in a decent steel box at the same. Aluminium case was cheap too.

But I thought the bit and ratchet set (mainly Torx and allen) good value
and seems very well made.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I bought a second digital vernier as I'm always mislaying the first
-impressions so far - very good, well worth a tenner

Also bought the taps & dies - they're crap, even for a fiver - but
useful for cleaning up the odd thread. BTW does anyone know what the
odd imperial tap & die included in the box is?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:07:51 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

|In article ,
| The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
| Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.
|
| http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo
|
|Decided to have a look.
|
|Machine screw selection at 3.99 seemed well worth it, as was the 19 piece
|drill set in a decent steel box at the same. Aluminium case was cheap too.
|
|But I thought the bit and ratchet set (mainly Torx and allen) good value
|and seems very well made.

Bought mine and it looks fine. The taps are "second" taps one of each
size. If you only have one tap of each size this is IMO a good idea to
miss "taper" and "plug"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Tap&Die set for 5GBP and loads of other stuff.

http://tinyurl.com/q8wpo

Decided to have a look.

Machine screw selection at 3.99 seemed well worth it, as was the 19
piece drill set in a decent steel box at the same. Aluminium case was
cheap too.

But I thought the bit and ratchet set (mainly Torx and allen) good
value and seems very well made.

I thought the drill bits where a nasty looking steel,similair the wood
screws they where selling.
On the web site they look the same type I bought out of a shed(brass in
appearence but was dissapointed when I got there today and only ended up
buy a tub of screws and two battery chargers.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I thought the drill bits where a nasty looking steel,similair the wood
screws they where selling.

Err - 'titanium coated'. Meant to make them stay sharper longer. I drilled
some mild steel with them today and they're at least as good as a B&D etc
shed offering, so decent value.

--
*I have my own little world - but it's OK...they know me here*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I thought the drill bits where a nasty looking steel,similair the wood
screws they where selling.

Err - 'titanium coated'. Meant to make them stay sharper longer. I drilled
some mild steel with them today and they're at least as good as a B&D etc
shed offering, so decent value.

I expect Andy will be off to Lidl's then

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-23 13:09:31 +0100, Stuart Noble
said:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
I thought the drill bits where a nasty looking steel,similair the wood
screws they where selling.

Err - 'titanium coated'. Meant to make them stay sharper longer. I drilled
some mild steel with them today and they're at least as good as a B&D etc
shed offering, so decent value.

I expect Andy will be off to Lidl's then

Yeah. Right.

The only advantage that this place has is that at least it doesn't
smell of rotten goodness knows what like Makro. That's about it,
though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:57:00 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

|I thought the drill bits where a nasty looking steel,similair the wood
|screws they where selling.

It is only a quick, thin, cheap flash of colour over ordinary HSS. I think
the colour is a cultural thing. I saw a *high* value, *high* prestige item
in just that colour, it was from France.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 561932 20060822 235700 "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:

I thought the drill bits where a nasty looking steel,similair the wood
screws they where selling.

Sir Ben, your lordship etc if I may make so bold :
it's "were", not "where".