Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Installing a hob

I'm installing a Candy ceramic hob in my kitchen. It came with 4 small brackets
(about 5 cm by 1 cm) and 4 screws but no instructions on what to do with them.
Are they intended to secure the hob or to support it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

I'm installing a Candy ceramic hob in my kitchen. It came with 4 small
brackets
(about 5 cm by 1 cm) and 4 screws but no instructions on what to do with
them.
Are they intended to secure the hob or to support it?

Are they flat ?
Usually these go under the worktop clamping the hob down on the surface
--
Vass
'02 YZF-R1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vass" wrote in message

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

I'm installing a Candy ceramic hob in my kitchen. It came with 4 small
brackets
(about 5 cm by 1 cm) and 4 screws but no instructions on what to do with
them.
Are they intended to secure the hob or to support it?

Are they flat ?
Usually these go under the worktop clamping the hob down on the surface
--

That sounds right. If you cut the hole the right size then the work surface
takes the weight and supports the hob and the brackets secure it underneath.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

steeler wrote:

That sounds right. If you cut the hole the right size then the work surface
takes the weight and supports the hob and the brackets secure it underneath.

There is sometimes a reel of foam tape also that is designed to go round
the perimiter of the underside of the hob and help seal the joint
between hob and worktop.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 00:32:28 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

steeler wrote:

That sounds right. If you cut the hole the right size then the work surface
takes the weight and supports the hob and the brackets secure it underneath.

There is sometimes a reel of foam tape also that is designed to go round
the perimiter of the underside of the hob and help seal the joint
between hob and worktop.

More often strips of something like bluetak or plasticene, supplied
between sheets of cellophane

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from John Rumm contains these words:

There is sometimes a reel of foam tape also that is designed to go round
the perimiter of the underside of the hob and help seal the joint
between hob and worktop.

And in my experience it's crap, too.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 557843 20060810 080820 Guy King wrote:
The message
from John Rumm contains these words:

There is sometimes a reel of foam tape also that is designed to go round
the perimiter of the underside of the hob and help seal the joint
between hob and worktop.

Yes, there is a length of foam tape.

Thanks for all the replies, but I still don't know what to do with these little clamps
or brackets or whatever. Has anybody here actually installed a Candy hob?

Installing Shaw Glueless Laminate on a Concrete Slab - Underlayment Question [email protected] Home Repair 9 July 10th 05 11:33 PM
DIY: Installing a kitchen exhaust fan [email protected] Home Ownership 4 March 22nd 05 10:41 PM
DIY: Installing a kitchen exhaust fan [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 22nd 05 10:41 PM
installing beadboard edog Woodworking 4 March 4th 05 08:54 PM
Installing wall tile... Move electrical outlet level to new wall? Al Kondo Home Repair 3 February 17th 05 03:51 PM