Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

Default Table-top washing machine

Has anyone tried one of those small table-top washing machines?

For example, the Hinari WM005 used to be sold by Amazon UK:
www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002HDM5Q.
The Slemcka "Big Egg" was sold he
http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=1948454

How well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?

And where can I still get one from?

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

Andy wrote:
Has anyone tried one of those small table-top washing machines?

For example, the Hinari WM005 used to be sold by Amazon UK:
www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002HDM5Q.
The Slemcka "Big Egg" was sold he
http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=1948454

How well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?

And where can I still get one from?

I can't imagine that they are of any use at all - a 1kg load? - a pair of
jeans and a few socks would fill it up, meaning that you'd have to spend
most of your waking moments either loading it or unloading it if there's
more than one person in the household.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:25:24 +0100, Andy wrote:

Has anyone tried one of those small table-top washing machines?

For example, the Hinari WM005 used to be sold by Amazon UK:
www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002HDM5Q.
The Slemcka "Big Egg" was sold he
http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=1948454

How well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?

And where can I still get one from?

I know someone who bought one. They are fine for very small articles
like socks and delicate underwear, although they are a bit rough in
working. For anything like serious washing they are a simple waste of
space and money.
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

Andy wrote:
...How well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?...

Years ago, the "Which" magazine ran a review on washing machines. The
table-top version was also reviewed in passing. They, at the time of the
survey, didn't perform well at all. The review panel advised washing by
hand in stead! On the other hand, their performance may have improved
through these years....

--
Lin Chung.
[Replace "the Water Margin" with "ntlworld" for e-mail].

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

"Andy" wrote in message
Has anyone tried one of those small table-top washing machines?

Whatever the size of table top, I've found a damp cloth to be best.
If it's wood, I might rub a bit of Mr Sheen on from time to time.

How well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?

Whoops. My mistake.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

On 09 Aug 2006, wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
Has anyone tried one of those small table-top washing machines?

Whatever the size of table top, I've found a damp cloth to be best.
If it's wood, I might rub a bit of Mr Sheen on from time to time.

How well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?

Whoops. My mistake.

Don't ever get a table top sewing machine because you'll find that table
tops are hard to sew. :-)
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

"Andy" wrote in message
On 09 Aug 2006, wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
Has anyone tried one of those small table-top washing machines?

Whatever the size of table top, I've found a damp cloth to be best.
If it's wood, I might rub a bit of Mr Sheen on from time to time.

How well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?

Whoops. My mistake.

Don't ever get a table top sewing machine because you'll find that table
tops are hard to sew. :-)

....or reproduction furniture for that matter. I bought a table and a chair a
few months ago, and now I'm overrun with chables....

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Jonathan" contains these words:

....or reproduction furniture for that matter. I bought a table and a
chair a
few months ago, and now I'm overrun with chables....

Try googling for "furniture porn".

--
Skipweasel
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

Andy wrote:
Has anyone tried one of those small table-top washing machines?

For example, the Hinari WM005 used to be sold by Amazon UK:
www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002HDM5Q.
The Slemcka "Big Egg" was sold he
http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=1948454

How well do these small washing machines actually wash clothes?

And where can I still get one from?

Handwashing is quicker easier and better. If they added an automated
control system, even a basic one, they might be of some function, but
as it is theyre a waste of time.

NT

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

On 09 Aug 2006, wrote:

Handwashing is quicker easier and better. If they added an
automated control system, even a basic one, they might be of
some function, but as it is they're a waste of time.

The table top machine is for someone who really and truly HATES
handwashing.

They can't use the main washing machine because the owner has a
phobia that washing smalls in it will contaminate the machine.

I know, I know. What can you say.

So a table-top machine just for smalls seems to be a solution.

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

On 09 Aug 2006, wrote:

Handwashing is quicker easier and better. If they added an
automated control system, even a basic one, they might be of
some function, but as it is they're a waste of time.

The table top machine is for someone who really and truly HATES
handwashing.

They can't use the main washing machine because the owner has a
phobia that washing smalls in it will contaminate the machine.

Put the smalls in a pillow case for washing and pretend that they like
clean pillow cases every day.

MBQ

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ps.com...

On 09 Aug 2006, wrote:

Handwashing is quicker easier and better. If they added an
automated control system, even a basic one, they might be of
some function, but as it is they're a waste of time.

The table top machine is for someone who really and truly HATES
handwashing.

They can't use the main washing machine because the owner has a
phobia that washing smalls in it will contaminate the machine.

Put the smalls in a pillow case for washing and pretend that they like
clean pillow cases every day.

How about a camping/caravanning twin tub?

http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?p=9620

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y

On 11 Aug 2006, Bob wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...

On 09 Aug 2006, wrote:

Handwashing is quicker easier and better. If they added an
automated control system, even a basic one, they might be of
some function, but as it is they're a waste of time.

The table top machine is for someone who really and truly HATES
handwashing.

They can't use the main washing machine because the owner has a
phobia that washing smalls in it will contaminate the machine.

Put the smalls in a pillow case for washing and pretend that they
like clean pillow cases every day.

How about a camping/caravanning twin tub?

http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?p=9620

That looks quite neat. Wonder what its performance is like?

Washing machine drain [email protected] UK diy 15 June 2nd 06 10:28 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:34 PM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:33 PM
kmskuba sedatkzyk UK diy 2 March 29th 06 07:08 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM