Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Built-in fridge-freezer wiring

Hi, I'm currently wiring my kitchen from scratch, but need a bit of
advice.

The built-in fridge freezer manual states that the plug must always be
easily accessible so that it can be unplugged. I have a brick wall on
the right of the fridge, and a cabinet on the left.

What is the best way to provide a socket, but also have access to the
plug? Would I be able to access it underneath the fridge enclosure?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
"mkkbb" writes:
Hi, I'm currently wiring my kitchen from scratch, but need a bit of
advice.

The built-in fridge freezer manual states that the plug must always be
easily accessible so that it can be unplugged. I have a brick wall on
the right of the fridge, and a cabinet on the left.

What is the best way to provide a socket, but also have access to the
plug? Would I be able to access it underneath the fridge enclosure?

I usually put it on the wall at the back of the adjacent cupboard.
Drill a hole through between the cupboards at the back at a convenient
height for the plug and cable to pass to the fridge/freezer and
another in the cupboard back to access the socket.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Andrew, i'll probably end up doing that then. Cheers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Aug 2006 13:04:29 -0700 someone who may be "mkkbb"
wrote this:-

The built-in fridge freezer manual states that the plug must always be
easily accessible so that it can be unplugged.

So what?

Personally I would wire it into a suitable cord outlet, with a
switch and fuse in an accessible location.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

fridge freezer Thermostat Martin UK diy 7 April 22nd 06 09:27 PM
Broken Fridge Freezer? Asimov Electronics Repair 1 May 11th 05 12:09 AM
Built in fridge problem Peter UK diy 2 December 1st 04 04:25 PM
Hotpoint Fridge Freezer Temperature too high Lee UK diy 5 June 15th 04 11:21 PM
Hotpoint fridge freezer - freezer failure [email protected] UK diy 2 August 13th 03 07:06 PM