Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Numpty - Remove Intumescent Strip

Hi all

I have a fire door frame that is twisting, ie not secured well enough by
builder in the first place.
To stop the twist and re-align, I really need to put fixing(s) on the
rebated edge of the frame IYSWIM.
It would make sense to remove the int. strip and put frame fixers behind
this, then replace strip.

Q:

How are the int. strips secured? Are they a push in fit such that I should
be able to pry out and re-use, or are they glued in?

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Hi all

I have a fire door frame that is twisting, ie not secured well enough by
builder in the first place.
To stop the twist and re-align, I really need to put fixing(s) on the
rebated edge of the frame IYSWIM.
It would make sense to remove the int. strip and put frame fixers behind
this, then replace strip.

Q:

How are the int. strips secured? Are they a push in fit such that I
should be able to pry out and re-use, or are they glued in?

The ones I've seen have a self-adhesive strip on the back. You can buy
replacements strips, but I don't know the cost.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

nightjar wrote:
"TheScullster" wrote in message
Hi all

I have a fire door frame that is twisting, ie not secured well enough by
builder in the first place.
To stop the twist and re-align, I really need to put fixing(s) on the
rebated edge of the frame IYSWIM.
It would make sense to remove the int. strip and put frame fixers behind
this, then replace strip.

Q:

How are the int. strips secured? Are they a push in fit such that I
should be able to pry out and re-use, or are they glued in?

The ones I've seen have a self-adhesive strip on the back. You can buy
replacements strips, but I don't know the cost.

They cost about £1.80 per strip and generally you need 2 1/2 strips
per door. I used a company called "antifire" in Wirral last time
although if you call the contact number from www.envirograf.com they
will give you a regional reseller.

HTH