Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH Expansion vessel in loft - advice please

Hi,
I'm about to replace my central heating header tank with an expansion
vessel.
Looking at it the most ideal place to fit the expansion vessel in the loft
where the tank currently sits.
There is a connection into the primary system and a ready made filling
supply.
Will need to fit a manual air vent to the high point.
Is there any reason why I can't fit this in the loft that anyone can think
of?

Thinking of heat in summer / cold in winter type things as it will
realistically be sitting on a dead leg of the circuit as far as water flow
is concerned.

TIA

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kevin wrote:

I'm about to replace my central heating header tank with an expansion
vessel. Looking at it the most ideal place to fit the expansion
vessel in the loft where the tank currently sits. There is a
connection into the primary system and a ready made filling supply.
Will need to fit a manual air vent to the high point. Is there any
reason why I can't fit this in the loft that anyone can think of?

There was a thread very recently on positioning of expansion vessels:
see http://tinyurl.com/zjyep (or
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_frm/thread/853701224ffc1e89/d1d8502bbc137216?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2&hl=en#d1d8502bbc 137216)

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
There was a thread very recently on positioning of expansion vessels: see
http://tinyurl.com/zjyep (or
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_frm/thread/853701224ffc1e89/d1d8502bbc137216?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2&hl=en#d1d8502bbc 137216)

David

Hi David,

many thanks - I missed that somehow.
I'll have a look.

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm about to replace my central heating header tank with an expansion
vessel.
Looking at it the most ideal place to fit the expansion vessel in the loft
where the tank currently sits.
There is a connection into the primary system and a ready made filling
supply.
Will need to fit a manual air vent to the high point.
Is there any reason why I can't fit this in the loft that anyone can think
of?

Is there any reason why you can't use the header tank? Makes filling with
inhibitor far easier.

What's the advantage?