Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

Default Tee fitting within close proximity to outlet from combi boiler

Is it wise to connect a tee almost immediately after the boiler hot
water outlet?

The boiler pipework would go back about 6"from the boiler into an equal
tee; one side of which would go downwards to an adjacent shower room,
the other upwards before branching to the main bathroom and kitchen.

I am very grateful for any comments

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

"Matt" wrote in message
ps.com...

Is it wise to connect a tee almost
immediately after the boiler hot
water outlet?

The boiler pipework would go
back about 6"from the boiler into an equal
tee; one side of which would go downwards
to an adjacent shower room,
the other upwards before branching to the
main bathroom and kitchen.

I am very grateful for any comments

No probs. Best tee off at the same point for the hot supply for all showers.
Also tee off just before the cold inlet the cold supplies to the showers
too. Also at the maintap have a dedicated pipe to the cold inlet to the
combi. At the maintap tee off and run all non-shower taps off this. It
reduces influence of other taps on the shower's operation. In a domestic
house the shower is king and it must take priority over all others.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Best tee off at the same point for the hot supply for all showers.
Also tee off just before the cold inlet the cold supplies to the showers
too. Also at the maintap have a dedicated pipe to the cold inlet to the
combi. At the maintap tee off and run all non-shower taps off this. It
reduces influence of other taps on the shower's operation. In a domestic
house the shower is king and it must take priority over all others.

I have a handy outdoor tap feed (Teed off main tap) next to the boiler (the
only water on this side of the house). Are you saying that it would be
better to take an independendent feed from mains-in ?

Mike W

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

In article om,
Matt writes
Is it wise to connect a tee almost immediately after the boiler hot
water outlet?

The boiler pipework would go back about 6"from the boiler into an equal
tee; one side of which would go downwards to an adjacent shower room,
the other upwards before branching to the main bathroom and kitchen.

I'm assuming this is the domestic hot water output that you're talking
about. If so then the limited flow available from a combi is unlikely to be
restricted by the T. If it was the central heating circuit however I'd find a
way to avoid it.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

"VisionSet" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Best tee off at the same point for the hot supply for all showers.
Also tee off just before the cold inlet the cold supplies to the showers
too. Also at the maintap have a dedicated pipe to the cold inlet to the
combi. At the maintap tee off and run all non-shower taps off this. It
reduces influence of other taps on the shower's operation. In a domestic
house the shower is king and it must take priority over all others.

I have a handy outdoor tap feed (Teed off main tap) next to the boiler
(the
only water on this side of the house). Are you saying that it would be
better to take an independendent feed from mains-in ?

Yep. The cowboys pipe up combis with one 15mm mains pipe snaking around the
house, tee all cold taps off this and also the combi. The combi is then
regarded as just another tap. Then peopel wnmonder why copmbis don't work
too well. It needs a dedicated cold supply directly from the maintap. Have
the maintap a full-bore type too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article om,
Matt writes
Is it wise to connect a tee almost immediately after the boiler hot
water outlet?

The boiler pipework would go back about 6"from the boiler into an equal
tee; one side of which would go downwards to an adjacent shower room,
the other upwards before branching to the main bathroom and kitchen.

I'm assuming this is the domestic hot water output that you're talking
about. If so then the limited flow available from a combi is unlikely to
be
restricted by the T.

It may be a highflow combi.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

Yeah, it's domestic hot - the heating pipes just go straight up.

I have fitted the same "handy garden tap feed" and washing machine
sharing the boiler cold feed - do i need to rethink this?

Vaillant have specified 15mm cold-in & domestic hot-out pipe
connections to the boileir (it's an ecoTEC Plus 831).

fred wrote:
In article om,
Matt writes