Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Challenge Extreme

I glanced at the Argos catalogue and was amazed the range of power
tools they have. With Bosch and even DeWalts among them. Does the
Extreme range have a 3 year guarantee like the many of the other DIY
sheds? The good think about 3 year guarantees is that if these cheapish
tools drop out I can get my money back.

They sell a Bosch laser level and tape measure. Anyone ever used one of
these? It looks very handy. Is the tape accurate, or just a gimmick? If
it works well this could save me hassle with tape measures.

I have eventually bought an Impact Driver after good reports on this
group. I though I would feedback my experience after 6 weeks of hard
use. I bought the Ryobi as it was well priced and I can use the
batteries for other tools if I don't like the tool or it can't
stand the pace. After some work with this little baby I can confirm
that this is a "must have" tool. Like an SDS drill, once you have
one you never go back. It drives in 6 inch screws like the wood was
butter. It drills holes in wood with ease and drives in small screws
easily, not just being suitable for heavy lag bolts or 6 inch screws.
It took a little bit of getting used to, not have a torque twist to the
drill. Not having torque control setting it takes a bit of practice to
gauge when the screw head is home. I don't use the battery
drill-driver much now I have this tool. Impressed? I am.