Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smartcards

On 2006-07-28 15:34:37 +0100, "Mary Fisher" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message ...

... My customers usually get a small price reduction.

That's daft. why not give them the lower price to start with?

It's called negotiation.

Have you never dealt with a purchasing agent?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-28 15:34:37 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

... My customers usually get a small price reduction.

That's daft. why not give them the lower price to start with?

It's called negotiation.

It's called conning in my book.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-28 15:34:37 +0100, "Mary Fisher" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message ...

... My customers usually get a small price reduction.

That's daft. why not give them the lower price to start with?

It's called negotiation.

It's called conning in my book.

The only situation that can be described as conning is when there is a
huge discrepancy between the asking price and market price for
something and the seller is attempting to claim something that is false
or something based on not intending to deliver on what one says.

Why do you think I make such an issue out of the importance of
delivering on commitments? It is precisely because I don't expect to
have to make any significant price reduction in a transaction.
Nevertheless, in a business transaction, it is very common as steps in
negotiation to trade price and deliverables back and forth until
agreement is reached. The degree to which that happens varies by
business by culture and by situation. However, the important thing is
that both parties meet their commitments after the agreement is made.
Under those circumstances, nobody is conning anybody.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-28 16:41:52 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-28 15:34:37 +0100, "Mary Fisher" said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message ...

[...]

That's a matter for you, but it is how the business world works and
does not imply any form of less than high integrity relationships.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message

'gm' is mutual conductance, and concerns the gain of valves.

And transistors :-)

I remember those. Magic!

--
Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-07-28 15:34:37 +0100, "Mary Fisher" said:
"Andy Hall" wrote in message ...

... My customers usually get a small price reduction.

That's daft. why not give them the lower price to start with?

It's called negotiation.

boost the buyers ego and you get a better price, everyone knows that.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mary Fisher"
saying something like:

... My customers usually get a small price reduction.

That's daft. why not give them the lower price to start with?

Because a haggle leaves everybody happy? You've just said yourself you
like haggling.

I didn't. I suggested that what I did was back to haggling. I don't like
doing it and won't accept it when I'm selling.

I do like barter which doesn't include coinage.

Mary
--

Dave