Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Second Nature kitchens

I was thinking of buying a Second Nature kitchen as they look
reasonably good. Someone told me that Second Nature only make the
doors, and the dealers then get the carcasses from elsewhere in order
to make a complete unit. Sounds like a strange scheme, can anyone
confirm if this is the case?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from " contains these words:

I was thinking of buying a Second Nature kitchen as they look
reasonably good. Someone told me that Second Nature only make the
doors, and the dealers then get the carcasses from elsewhere in order
to make a complete unit. Sounds like a strange scheme, can anyone
confirm if this is the case?

It certainly wouldn't surprise me. Why re-invent the wheel?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I see! So if I can get hold of the doors, I could buy some carcasses
from somewhere and make up the units myself -does anyone know a good
place to buy carcasses?

I used Frontline
http://www.frontlinecabinets.co.uk/home/homeset.htm for
mine, but that was because they do custom sizing, which doesn't work
with off-the-shelf doors. I didn't price check because I needed the
custom sizing. I'm sure you could get as good or better deal from
Howdens or somewhere.

I think you can get the doors here - I think this is second nature
stuff? Again, no idea what the prices are like.

http://www.arena-kitchens.co.uk/door_finder.htm

Someone like Isaac Lord or Woodfit might be able to source PWS stuff as
well if you ask, you never know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message .com
from " contains these words:

I see! So if I can get hold of the doors, I could buy some carcasses
from somewhere and make up the units myself -does anyone know a good
place to buy carcasses?

Five years later I'm still very happy with the B&Q 15mm units we bought.
Except for the pull out larder - which the wife pulled out. Easily fixed
and hasn't happened since because I did what I thought I should have
done at the outset and not trusted the tiddly little screws they
supplied.

--
Skipweasel