Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default Powerpoint iin the loft?

I just bought a Freecom USB DDTV stick so I can watch (and record)
DDTV on my PC, however as my reception/(signal strength) is not too good
I had to buy a signal booster as well as I have to split the signal, it is
one of those
ones you plug in to the mains so I used it in the 'living room' where both
the TV and PC are. It seems to work find, however I an not too sure if the
picture(s) are a little more 'fuzzy', perhaps due to noise from the
amplifier?
Anyway I have decent enough pictures on both 'sets'.
I did think I would be better off with the booster in the loft closer to the
original signal, it could power the connection in the kitchen from their
too, and I could use a passive splitter downstairs?, however I have no
powerpoint
in the loft. Obviously there are wires for lighting in the loft, but will
they
only work when the light is switched on?
I could simply run an extension cable up there, but that wold lok a bit
messy.

Incidently the Freecom USB stick seemed more sensitive than my
Sagem Freeview box. When I tried with a passive splitter I got a
great picture on the PC, but bugger all on the TV, and this is
despite the cable to the Freecom stick being of (significantly)
lower quality (poorer shielding).
However Sagem's user interface and EPG seemed much better.

Why loft vents for boiler and immersion cylinders? Dave Baker UK diy 45 March 14th 06 03:04 PM
Loft conversion - technical questions hansen UK diy 11 April 19th 05 07:51 PM
Loft insulation? Mogweed UK diy 26 March 30th 05 07:19 PM
Loft Space just typed in a load of text and thought it would UK diy 0 January 18th 05 09:37 PM
Adding CH to new loft - advice please [email protected] UK diy 19 January 7th 04 08:58 AM