Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sash window refurb

The sash in the bedroom is really old and needs replacing.
Unfortunately I don't have a spare £800 on me, so it's going to get
refurbished instead. I've done this before so I know how to remove the
beading and get the windows out to works on. The problem is, the frame
has changed shape as a result of a century of settlement and is now a
bit wider at the top than the bottom. This makes the upper pane a poor
fit.

Can anyone think of a way I could build up the frame so it fits a bit
better? I thought about trying to create a very thin wedge and glueing
it in place, but it can't work out how to make one. Or maybe there's
some kind of springy steel product I could get?

Cheers,

John

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Sash Window / Kitchen Worktop Problem [email protected] UK diy 4 February 22nd 05 09:34 AM
Safe glass removal from victorian sash window? Witchy UK diy 21 January 12th 04 07:22 PM
My first sash window! (A bit long) Adam UK diy 3 September 17th 03 04:47 PM
Painting a sash window... Adam UK diy 5 September 10th 03 04:53 PM