Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freezer controls

The purchase mentioned in a previous post will have to wait.
But in the mean time I have bought a used Zanussi Under-the-counter freezer.
No model number or manual of course and don't expect you to help me
identify it.
(well you might know..4 wire drawers--bottom one fast freeze, 595mm wide)
Its got a Fast freeze draw and
warning light, on/off light and a
button marked S with light marked S.
Will these be related to the Fast Freeze?

The temperature control knob is marked graduated from 'dot' to -24.
Will 'dot' be the bog standard temperature for it?
or should I use a lower temperature?

Thanks again.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jo Jo is offline

"Davao" wrote in message
The purchase mentioned in a previous post will have to wait.
But in the mean time I have bought a used Zanussi Under-the-counter
freezer.
No model number or manual of course and don't expect you to help me
identify it.
(well you might know..4 wire drawers--bottom one fast freeze, 595mm wide)
Its got a Fast freeze draw and
warning light, on/off light and a
button marked S with light marked S.
Will these be related to the Fast Freeze?

The temperature control knob is marked graduated from 'dot' to -24.
Will 'dot' be the bog standard temperature for it?
or should I use a lower temperature?

Thanks again.

Arthur

Don't know about the dots, but the 'S' is definitely related to Fast
Freeze. When you defrost the freezer you slide the 'S' switch across to
the opposite side to put it in fast freeze mode, then after a couple of
hours slide it back.....I think. If it's anything like my Zanussi, that
should be the same.

Jo