Junior Member

Default Vaillant TCW sine T3W

I have a Vaillant TCW sine T3W combi-boiler and the pressure has fallen below 1. How do i refill the system to get the pressure back between 1 and 3?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't know this particular boiler, but most combis have a filling loop
(braided flexible hose) from the mains water feed that connects with a lumpy
nut to a threaded filling valve - attach this, and open the taps at both
ends of the filling loop, the gauge pressure should start climbing, once
it's where you want it, close the valves and remove the filling loop at one
end, catching the drops in your hat.

Hope this helps,
Dave H.
(The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

--
danw29

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:49:57 +0100, danw29 wrote:

I have a Vaillant TCW sine T3W combi-boiler and the pressure has fallen
below 1. How do i refill the system to get the pressure back between 1
and 3?

This boiler (around 20 years + ) uses an external filling loop.
See the sealed system FAQ. for details.
I wouldn't worry about the pressure if it's only just under 1.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Dave H.
writes
I don't know this particular boiler, but most combis have a filling loop
(braided flexible hose) from the mains water feed that connects with a lumpy
nut to a threaded filling valve - attach this, and open the taps at both
ends of the filling loop, the gauge pressure should start climbing, once
it's where you want it, close the valves and remove the filling loop at one
end, catching the drops in your hat.

Apart from what the top poster said

You need to find where the water's going

--
geoff