Mike Pellatt

Default Illegal house extension demolished

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:15:02 +0100, IMM
wrote:
David @chapellllllllhouse.demon.co.uk wrote in message

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking on your part John

Maxie, I want cars to be made in Luton.

Yeah, and I want a hundred quid in the post every day.

Doesn't mean it will happen though. You may find that
both are unrealistic in the current economic sitaution.

--
Mike Pellatt
Just use R(eply) (from a standards-compliant newsreader)
IMM

David @chapelhouse.demon.co.uk wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

David @chapellllllllhouse.demon.co.uk wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM

writes
I assume that you,re the only one to have seen this TV report? by

Kevin
Cahill was it? or Paxman?

Maxie, it was by a Vauxhall spokesman. You obviously don't live in

Luton
now, which is totally understandable.

When was this report? you seem to have been the only one that saw it

When they announce no more car to be built at Luton.

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking on your part John

Maxie, I want cars to be made in Luton.

Still can't find the quote then?

Well you will have to take that is what was said. All that is said on TV is
not on the Internet.

---

IMM

.. .
wrote:
David @chapellllllllhouse.demon.co.uk wrote in message

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking on your part John

Maxie, I want cars to be made in Luton.

Yeah, and I want a hundred quid in the post every day.

Are you a gangster of some sort?

Doesn't mean it will happen though.

It depends on your heavies.

You may find that
both are unrealistic in the current economic sitaution.

Heavies must be expensive.

---

David @chapellllhouse.demon.co.uk

In article , IMM
writes

When was this report? you seem to have been the only one that saw it

When they announce no more car to be built at Luton.

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking on your part John

Maxie, I want cars to be made in Luton.

Still can't find the quote then?

Well you will have to take that is what was said. All that is said on TV is
not on the Internet.

But there is a lot of quotations from Vauxhall and others on the net
relating to the closure and yet not one of them refers to
planning/expansion/green belt issues. You would have thought that if it
was an issue it would have such a hot potato that it would have been
referred to somewhere.
If you know that part of Luton at all you would know that there is
plenty of land that has been and is being/available to be developed, a
hugely important local employer would not have been held back on lack of
development land, the council were desperate to keep them going. I
worked at the Vauxhall plant on a number of occasions and believe me
space wasn't a problem.
It was a commercial decision on the part of GM.

--
David
Peter Twydell

In article , IMM
writes

David @chapellllhouse.demon.co.uk wrote in message
.. .
In article , IMM
writes

When was this report? you seem to have been the only one that saw

it

When they announce no more car to be built at Luton.

I think it's a bit of wishful thinking on your part John

Maxie, I want cars to be made in Luton.

Still can't find the quote then?

Well you will have to take that is what was said. All that is said on TV

is
not on the Internet.

But there is a lot of quotations from Vauxhall and others on the net
relating to the closure and yet not one of them refers to
planning/expansion/green belt issues. You would have thought that if it
was an issue it would have such a hot potato that it would have been
referred to somewhere.

Their spokesman was clear in that the greenbelt was a major issue is moving
car production elsewhere.

If you know that part of Luton at all you would know that there is
plenty of land that has been and is being/available to be developed, a
hugely important local employer would not have been held back on lack of
development land, the council were desperate to keep them going. I
worked at the Vauxhall plant on a number of occasions and believe me
space wasn't a problem.
It was a commercial decision on the part of GM.

I can only state what the man said on TV. The planning and greenbelt issues
were a big problem to them. He even mentioned it was a problem in most
towns and cities in the UK, hence them moving out of the UK to expand car
production.

Where exactly is this green belt land that the main Vauxhall works could
use for expansion? It all looks pretty built-up around there to me.

The only green bits near there apart from the Vauxhall Sports Club
grounds are the airport and Luton Hoo.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
GB

Default Illegal house extension demolished - now fire escape

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
Speak to your local fire brigade or the Health & Safety Executive.

Thanks. I'll try HSE.

Geoff

Aaron Aardvark

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:31:25 +0100, "GB"
wrote:
The freeholder of our block of flats has erected a structure on the roof
that blocks the fire escape (that leads over the roof and onto another part
of the building). He has planning permission, but I don't think the fire
escape aspect is covered by that. Who supervises safety issues such as this?
HSE? Building control?

I had problems with an attic conversion built by a previous owner of
my 1st floor flat. The local building control (Scotland) were very
much concerned with fire regs - it cost a fortune to fix to their
satisfaction when I was selling! Phone building control and explain
the situation - they don't bite.