Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar cell suppliers

I'm looking for a cheap solar cell supplier for building some little
robots (symets) for a display.

I know all about RS and Maplins but they don't seem to have anything
cheap at low voltages (3 to 6V) since they're focused on battery
recharging and the like.

Googling on solar cells gives me lots of huge ones for heating.

To give you some idea, I'm currently having to cannibalize garden
lights, which is expensive at £3 a go (from ADSA BTW).

Zoinks!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

*Idea*
Sort of latter-day version of nicking lead from church roofs.
http://tinyurl.com/qzqcn

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:01:11 +0100, Zoinks wrote:

I'm looking for a cheap solar cell supplier for building some little
robots (symets) for a display.

I know all about RS and Maplins but they don't seem to have anything
cheap at low voltages (3 to 6V) since they're focused on battery
recharging and the like.

Googling on solar cells gives me lots of huge ones for heating.

To give you some idea, I'm currently having to cannibalize garden
lights, which is expensive at £3 a go (from ADSA BTW).

Zoinks!

I got some of these recently - look similar to the types you get on solar lights. Reasonably quick
service to UK - A week or so ISTR

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230001319281