Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Moben Kitchens :: Please don't make the same mistake we did.

Hi All,

For anyone thinking of using Moben, please take a few moments to do
some research first.
I wish I had...

Here's what happened to us:
http://mymobenkitchen.blogspot.com

Cheers

Sx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Hi All,

For anyone thinking of using Moben, please take a few moments to do
some research first.
I wish I had...

Here's what happened to us:
http://mymobenkitchen.blogspot.com

Cheers

Sx

Its the same wherever you have a sexy showroom backed up by inefficient
pared to the bone back office systems and subcontract installers.

Why else are we all on UK-DIY?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message .com,
writes
Hi All,

For anyone thinking of using Moben, please take a few moments to do
some research first.
I wish I had...

Here's what happened to us:
http://mymobenkitchen.blogspot.com

Well, it wouldn't have happened to me

I did my own kitchen

it's a diy NG

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from raden contains these words:

I did my own kitchen

It's the only way to get things done properly. And bugger the government
for making some things not DIYable.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Hi All,

For anyone thinking of using Moben, please take a few moments to do
some research first.
I wish I had...

Here's what happened to us:
http://mymobenkitchen.blogspot.com

Cheers

Sx

Research also includes:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=moben+complaints&btnG=Google+Search &meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Moaning git.
--

And you are an unsympathetic arsehole. The poster is just trying to
point out the deficiencies of a company to avoid other people falling

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Hi All,

For anyone thinking of using Moben, please take a few moments to do
some research first.
I wish I had...

Here's what happened to us:
http://mymobenkitchen.blogspot.com

Cheers

Sx

I haven't read the article but anywhere where I see "moeben" or
"dolphin" I run away. Anyhwere where they price up 20 grand for a
run-of-the-mill bathroom or kitchen then discount it by a "massive 50%
in our summer sale" has to be avoided.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Bookworm"
saying something like:

And you are an unsympathetic arsehole.

You are just a know-nothing ****, so **** off.

The poster is just trying to
point out the deficiencies of a company to avoid other people falling
in to the same trap.

She paid through the nose for overpriced tat she could have got easily
for half the price round the corner, then moans when a couple of minor
things go wrong. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that she's one
of those who nitpicks and moans in order to get a refund/discount, much
like yourself.

Buyer Beware.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 00:07:32 +0100, Guy King wrote:

The message
from raden contains these words:

I did my own kitchen

It's the only way to get things done properly. And bugger the government
for making some things not DIYable.

Most of here abouts have learnt that the only way things can built
satisfactory is to do it yourself.

Whilst you have had a predictably difficult time with the company, there
is one aspect that you left yourself open on.

"... fitted in one day ...."

If you had more personal experience & knowledge about fitting a
kitchen then you would have known that anyone making that statement was a
fraudster.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message . com
from contains these words:

I haven't read the article but anywhere where I see "moeben" or
"dolphin" I run away. Anyhwere where they price up 20 grand for a
run-of-the-mill bathroom or kitchen then discount it by a "massive 50%
in our summer sale" has to be avoided.

Are there any national "reputable" companies which are actually
reputable?

Almost by definition, for the reasons stated earlier in another post, no.

In the end they all rely on local subcontractors to install. If these are
any good, they won't be working for a big national chain, but for
themselves.

Additionally, think about what a natinal company is..largely showrooms and
marketing tpo promote teh brand. This is a very expensive exercise..so you
end up with average quality (oir worse) kjunk, supported by a parted to
the bone back office eystem and whaytever cowboys they can find locally to
install. The money goes on te adverts, and teh gloosy literature, not on
te products, the service or the installation.

Do they spend money on a spell-checker?

Far and away bertter to find a local lad who 'does bathrooms' and buy your
own bits wherever you can, and settle in for a long, but not as expensive
excersise.

My own experience is that I got a much cheaper deal
by buying from a 'shed' and paying for their fitting service.
This was almost 50% cheaper than a 'recommended' local
lad.

It helps that you know what a standard a kitchen should
be finished to, so that you know when to complan and when
to shrug off a problem as "what do you expect for the price".
This was for an ex-rental that I was doing up for resale
so I had no interest in long term durability.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

She paid through the nose for overpriced tat she could have got easily
for half the price round the corner, then moans when a couple of minor
things go wrong. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that she's one
of those who nitpicks and moans in order to get a refund/discount, much
like yourself.

Buyer Beware.
--

Dave

Nitpicking on a couple of minor things eh?

With people like you around we will have a cowboys paradise.

Hope it happens to you. Next time you moan about a service on this
group a) I will laugh my ******** off and b) will remind you of this
posting.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Hi All,

For anyone thinking of using Moben, please take a few moments to do
some research first.
I wish I had...

Here's what happened to us:
http://mymobenkitchen.blogspot.com

Cheers

Sx
Man alive thats some pain in the ass Moben has caused you.

Glad I DIY'ed mine!!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Bookworm"
saying something like:

Nitpicking on a couple of minor things eh?

With people like you around we will have a cowboys paradise.

Hope it happens to you.

It's extremely unlikely, given that I do all that kind of stuff myself,
so only have myself to complain to if the service/supply isn't up to
scratch.

Next time you moan about a service on this
group a) I will laugh my ******** off and b) will remind you of this
posting.

You're so full of wind and **** it's a wonder you don't take off in a
stiff breeze.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I totally respect those who have the skills and time to do it them
temselves, however I don't and that's why I chose Moben.

I posted, just in case anyone was searching on whether to go with Moben
(or Kitchen direct etc) vs. DIY. If you're lucky enough to be able to
do it yourself, it would probably be better than Moben!

In fact, I'm doing the tiling myself, since I totally refused to pay
Moben to do the tiling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks, it looks great. With the help of my Dad, the kitchen looks
fantastic now!