Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Alun Davies

Default Dyson Dc04,

"Jimsatim" wrote in message

the mains cable is broken where it enters the body of the machine, how
do I get into it to repair?

Google is your friend

http://www.dyson-online.com/technica...utting_Out.htm

Junior Member

the mains cable is broken where it enters the body of the machine, how do I get into it to repair?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimsatim wrote:
the mains cable is broken where it enters the body of the machine, how
do I get into it to repair?

Jimsatim

A DC04 with a broken mains cable? The original DC01 suffered with
this problem in their millions, mine amongst them. It's gratifying to
see that a later model still has the same problem :-(

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jimsatim wrote:
the mains cable is broken where it enters the body of the machine, how
do I get into it to repair?

Jimsatim

A DC04 with a broken mains cable? The original DC01 suffered with
this problem in their millions, mine amongst them. It's gratifying to
see that a later model still has the same problem :-(

Mike

The hose also breaks too! Get ready for that. the Dysons I had were
cheaply made junk in my experience and a £40 bagless cylinder cleaner from
the local market has given far more reliable service for years. Don't be
fooled by what is claimed by some cleaners or get dragged in to being a
"vacuum cleaner snob". Another overpriced one I didn't find any better was
a Miele. It did nothing my cheap cleaner can't apart from costing 4 times
the price for a name.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
gort

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 18:43:47 +0100, Jimsatim wrote:

the mains cable is broken where it enters the body of the machine, how
do I get into it to repair?

If your going to replace the mains cable, be prepared for a shock at the
cost if you try to get it from Dyson.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob wrote:
The hose also breaks too! Get ready for that. the Dysons I had were
cheaply made junk in my experience and a £40 bagless cylinder cleaner from
the local market has given far more reliable service for years. Don't be
fooled by what is claimed by some cleaners or get dragged in to being a
"vacuum cleaner snob". Another overpriced one I didn't find any better was
a Miele. It did nothing my cheap cleaner can't apart from costing 4 times
the price for a name.

Oh dear! As well as owning a DC01 I also owned a Miele. Although both
are now consigned to the dustbin, I guess it's too late - I already
warrant the title 'vacuum cleaner snob' with honours. However, in
mitigation, I should point out that I've gone cold turkey and now own a
cheapie cylinder model. No more brand-hype driven cleaners for me - I
prefer one that sucks. Hey, someone could use that as a tagline! I'm
on the road to recovery.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
"MikeH" writes:
I prefer one that sucks. Hey, someone could use that as a tagline! I'm
on the road to recovery.

From very many years ago... "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux"

In the computer industry, a variant "Nothing sucks like a Vax"
did the rounds too.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
From very many years ago... "Nothing sucks like an Electrolux"

In the computer industry, a variant "Nothing sucks like a Vax"
did the rounds too.

LOL

Now that you mention it, I think I remember that as well.

Junior Member

Talking

Thanks very much for that dyson now repaired and a happy wife, if only everything else was as easy
ta much
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimsatim" wrote in message

http://tinyurl.com/r7o78

Thanks very much for that dyson now repaired and a happy wife, if only
everything else was as easy
ta much

Let me know if the wife needs repairing

;-))

Glad to be of assistance

Dyson DC04 sucks on tool but not on floor [email protected] UK diy 7 October 11th 05 06:04 PM
Replacing the Motors on a Dyson DC04 Gogsyboy UK diy 1 June 9th 04 09:28 PM
Dyson DC04 switch removal. an other UK diy 0 October 15th 03 01:39 PM
Dyson DC04 dave cunningham UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 10:22 PM
Best place to buy a Dyson DC04? The Q UK diy 4 July 11th 03 01:18 PM