Default Dyson DC04 sucks on tool but not on floor

.. . . if you know what I mean. I'll explain. The Dyson works perfectly
well when used with the hose and tools, but doesn't suck - in fact it
seems to blow a little - when used as an upright.

Anyone got any ideas what that might be down to?

Are these things easy enough to take apart, get bits for etc?

TIA

Antony

Bob Mannix

wrote in message
oups.com...
. . . if you know what I mean. I'll explain. The Dyson works perfectly
well when used with the hose and tools, but doesn't suck - in fact it
seems to blow a little - when used as an upright.

Anyone got any ideas what that might be down to?

Are these things easy enough to take apart, get bits for etc?

TIA

The channel from the beater area through to the back is probably blocked.
It's quite easy to remove the beater (you have to do this to change the
belt) and fish it out.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Are these things easy enough to take apart, get bits for etc?

My local Currys has a vast display of Dyson spares. But only belts and
bags for other makes. Told be something I already knew.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Rick

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:21:37 +0100, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
. . . if you know what I mean. I'll explain. The Dyson works perfectly
well when used with the hose and tools, but doesn't suck - in fact it
seems to blow a little - when used as an upright.

Anyone got any ideas what that might be down to?

Are these things easy enough to take apart, get bits for etc?

TIA

The channel from the beater area through to the back is probably blocked.
It's quite easy to remove the beater (you have to do this to change the
belt) and fish it out.

Thats my guess too.

Dave P

wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

Do you have her phone number? ;-)

jks

wrote in message
oups.com...
. . . if you know what I mean. I'll explain. The Dyson works perfectly
well when used with the hose and tools, but doesn't suck - in fact it
seems to blow a little - when used as an upright.

Anyone got any ideas what that might be down to?

Are these things easy enough to take apart, get bits for etc?

My dc04 (zorbster) has a removable piece at the bottom of the up pipe. You
can see into the flexible hose ( the one going to the brush end) from there
and remove any blockage. You may have to poke through from the brush end.
Remember to fold the handle down or you will only see the tube to the
handle.

jks

vortex2

wrote in message
oups.com...
. . . if you know what I mean. I'll explain. The Dyson works perfectly
well when used with the hose and tools, but doesn't suck - in fact it
seems to blow a little - when used as an upright.

Anyone got any ideas what that might be down to?

Are these things easy enough to take apart, get bits for etc?

TIA

Antony

There was an article in the British Medical Journal about this in the early
80's.
http://www.totse.com/en/technology/s...gy/vacuum.html

Tool Definitions Tom Woodworking 10 October 9th 05 12:07 AM
Dyson DC04 brush bar clutch Andrew Gabriel UK diy 2 May 6th 05 10:13 PM
Install hardwood floor on convex surface MM Woodworking 2 August 10th 04 09:32 PM
Inner threading turning tool out of HSS...Need for astronomy project Vincent Coppola Metalworking 16 June 12th 04 08:08 PM
Basics on Depth of Cuts Chris S Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 03:15 AM