Posted to uk.d-i-y
svmsbb

Default fixing lcd tv to wall

How do you fix an lcd TV to the wall,without the wires showing. I got a new
bedroom added to the side of my house and want to fix a 17" TV on the
wall.Any suggestions?
thanks

--
svmsbb

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

"svmsbb" wrote in message
How do you fix an lcd TV to the wall,without the wires showing. I got a
new bedroom added to the side of my house and want to fix a 17" TV on the
wall.Any suggestions?
thanks

You either need to run some trunking up the wall, which looks almost as bad
as the cables, or you need to bury the cables in the wall somehow.

What is the wall made if you are proposing on hanging this TV on?

What is the other side of the wall?

How many cables are there, and where do they currently go?

I assume you have power and Ariel, do you also have a SCART etc. to a
DVD/VCR/PVR/Sky etc..?

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
svmsbb

Sparks wrote:
"svmsbb" wrote in message
How do you fix an lcd TV to the wall,without the wires showing. I
got a new bedroom added to the side of my house and want to fix a
17" TV on the wall.Any suggestions?
thanks

You either need to run some trunking up the wall, which looks almost
as bad as the cables, or you need to bury the cables in the wall
somehow.
What is the wall made if you are proposing on hanging this TV on?
plasterboard with wooden battens

What is the other side of the wall?

breezeblocks

How many cables are there, and where do they currently go?

main cable,booster and aerial

I assume you have power and Ariel, do you also have a SCART etc. to a
DVD/VCR/PVR/Sky etc..?

I am doing away with the dvd recorder just going to use tv

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fuxit

svmsbb wrote:
How do you fix an lcd TV to the wall

A 4-inch wire nail in each corner of the screen should hold it!:-)

fixing wall plate SoWeezy UK diy 13 June 1st 06 12:26 AM
For Gunner knuckle dragging imbecile Metalworking 112 January 5th 06 07:04 AM
Do I need through wall flashing where roof interests stone wall? lance hirsch Home Repair 2 November 6th 05 09:12 PM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM
Concrete retaining wall issue revisited. Pat Keith Home Repair 14 August 20th 03 09:35 PM