Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lawrence Zarb

Default Curtain weight

How do you determine "curtain weight". Is it literally just the physical
weight of the curtain, or is there more to it??

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist

"Lawrence Zarb" wrote:
How do you determine "curtain weight". Is it literally just the physical
weight of the curtain, or is there more to it??

Is this in relation to curtain tracks and rails? Can you give us more
information? As far as I know, curtains are described as being light-weight,
medium-weight and heavy-weight but I haven't seen any guidelines as to what
these weights might be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Lawrence Zarb wrote:
How do you determine "curtain weight". Is it literally just the physical
weight of the curtain, or is there more to it??

I thought this was a small lump of lead sometimes sewn into the hem to
stop said curtain flapping around... :-)

But anyway, what "curtain weight" do you mean? In what context do you
want to know?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

"Lawrence Zarb" wrote in message
news:77bb48598425e61a35740ded9789b6dd.52329@mygate .mailgate.org...
How do you determine "curtain weight". Is it literally just the physical
weight of the curtain, or is there more to it??

==========================
For a general idea see he http://www.copes.co.uk/main.asp?sitepages=FAQ

Cic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns

Lobster wrote:

I thought this was a small lump of lead sometimes sewn into the hem to
stop said curtain flapping around... :-)

Or gold sovereigns if you're lucky ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lawrence Zarb

OK..I am planning to buy an electric curtain closer, but it says that
curtains weight needs be be below 10kg.
That is what I mean when I talk about curtain weight....not the weights
that you can put in the curtains!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist

"Lawrence Zarb" wrote:
OK..I am planning to buy an electric curtain closer, but it says that
curtains weight needs be be below 10kg.
That is what I mean when I talk about curtain weight....not the weights
that you can put in the curtains!

Presumably if a single electric motor operates both curtains in the pair
then the total weight of both curtains should be below 10kg (with or without
any additional weights).

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lawrence Zarb

Then we ARE talking about the physical weight of the curtains?

problems with curtain tracking [email protected] UK diy 2 October 20th 05 01:04 PM
shower curtain rod Jack Home Repair 5 February 1st 05 08:20 PM
Figuring loads / block & tackle theory The Other Harry Home Repair 152 March 20th 04 07:55 PM
Max weight of a bowl? Darren Woodturning 6 March 9th 04 02:15 AM
Bridgeport base casting weight? George Willer Metalworking 1 August 26th 03 02:59 AM