Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Confused

Default Electromagnetic Compatibility of Vaillant Ecotec 831?

Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Confused wrote:
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

Um, at the risk of sounding obvious, have you not tried contacting Valiant ?

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Mike G4KFK

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Um, at the risk of sounding obvious, have you not tried contacting Valiant ?

Because that's no fun. Mr Evans takes pleasure in sliming companies'
(or individuals') reputations on Usenet. Take a look at this character
assination of Blackgates which he originated in 2003:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....a488 34da1d4a

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Spike

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

Confused wrote:
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

Um, at the risk of sounding obvious, have you not tried contacting Valiant ?

Keep in mind that Highly Confused is the chap who won't follow web
links, on the grounds that if you have anything to say, then post it
here rather than sending him off to look things up.

So, what he needs is someone to write out chapter and verse on this
topic, preferably in words of one syllable. Offering phone numbers or
urls won't help him.

from
Aero Spike
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Spike

Mike G4KFK wrote:

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

Um, at the risk of sounding obvious, have you not tried contacting Valiant ?

Because that's no fun. Mr Evans takes pleasure in sliming companies'
(or individuals') reputations on Usenet. Take a look at this character
assination of Blackgates which he originated in 2003:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....a488 34da1d4a

And note the number of times he changed sock-puppets in that thread,
the only reason for which could have been to escape reader's
kill-filters and therefore ensure his postings wouldn't be missed, a
childish version of LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

Don't forget also that a few years ago he wrote to a University
Vice-Chancellor because one of the staff had sent a private e-mail
three minutes after close of play, and he assumed it must have been
written in university time. The VC politely told him to combine sex
and travel, IIRC.

A short perusal of uk.radio.amateur for the last week will show him in
his true colours.

from
Aero Spike

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Confused

The Internet is a valuable discussion forum, and it
is equally valid to share one's experiences and to
seek other's experience, as it is to contact a company
directly.

If nothing else, Intel's attempts to hide the floating
point errors in one of their "Bugium" (nee "Pentium")
evolutions is an indication of the power of the net!

PS. Vaillant and not Valiant.

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Confused wrote:
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

Um, at the risk of sounding obvious, have you not tried contacting Valiant ?

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On 23 Jun 2006 04:48:55 -0700, Mike G4KFK wrote:

Mr Evans takes pleasure in sliming companies'
(or individuals') reputations on Usenet. Take a look at this character
assination of Blackgates which he originated in 2003:

I'm puzzled, why did he drive to Donnington to pick up castings from a
company in Dewsbury?

One may detect the strong whiff of bull**** from Mr Evans direction.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Confused wrote:
The Internet is a valuable discussion forum, and it
is equally valid to share one's experiences and to
seek other's experience, as it is to contact a company
directly.

Obviously No-one has had a problem with RF interference and any type of
boiler not the first time you posted and not now either.

When did you acquire your Radio license?
When I took mine over 20 years ago being able to reduce, eliminate, or
rectify RF interference problems was part of the syllabus.
Do you actually _have_ a valid license?

PS. Vaillant and not Valiant.

If you knew how to spell it you would have been able to contact the
manufacturers tech. dpt.

I detect you are to uk.radio.amateur what "Chris Bacon" is to uk.d-i-y

Billy no-mates comes to mind.

Good luck in life, you'll need it.

HTH
Pete
G0JYO (last activity 1982)

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Ken Ward

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
On 23 Jun 2006 04:48:55 -0700, Mike G4KFK wrote:

Mr Evans takes pleasure in sliming companies'
(or individuals') reputations on Usenet. Take a look at this character
assination of Blackgates which he originated in 2003:

I'm puzzled, why did he drive to Donnington to pick up castings from a
company in Dewsbury?

Maybe because they were at Donnington that day, therefore rendering a trip
to Dewsbury fruitless, unless of course he had visited that fine venue for
drinking good ale the "West Riding" refreshment rooms on Platform 2 Dewsbury
Station, pause for breath, full stop.

KW

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.models.engineering
Confused

Why jump on the bandwagon of gratuitous insults
as exemplified by Mike Gathergood who has been
pursuing me with a one-sided abusive campaign
for many months? (His remarks quoted below
are a case in point)

The answer to your question is straightforward, and
did not need a rather silly and childish outburst
from you....Dewsbury is far to the north of Donnington,
and Donnington was the location of the Exhibition
where I purchased the defective goods.

As it happens, not only was that casting defective, but
when I rescued the kit from the scrap bin and resumed
work on it, every casting had deep chills resulting in
unworkable hardness - it defeated a Tom Senior milling
machine and a Myford VMC mill, mills belonging to
members of the engineering club to which I belong.

Not only were the castings misshapen, but they were
unworkable. All in all, the criticisms laid at the door
of Blackguards were well deserved.

Steve Firth wrote:
On 23 Jun 2006 04:48:55 -0700, Mike G4KFK wrote:

Mr Evans takes pleasure in sliming companies'
(or individuals') reputations on Usenet. Take a look at this character
assination of Blackgates which he originated in 2003:

I'm puzzled, why did he drive to Donnington to pick up castings from a
company in Dewsbury?

One may detect the strong whiff of bull**** from Mr Evans direction.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Confused

A number of rather childish individuals pursue me wherever I
go on Usenet, and I take you to task for following their lead
with rather silly and infantile outbursts. There is never any
call for gratuitous insults in response to a genuine request.

You are judged by the company that you keep.

You seem to lack the gentlemanly traditions of Radio Hammery,
and I put it to you that you were no more than a CBer-masquerading-
As-A-Radio-Ham? You certainly have the style of a Childish Broadcaster
(CBer)

Shame on you.

Grow up, Peter!

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Confused wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Spike

Steve Firth wrote:

On 23 Jun 2006 04:48:55 -0700, Mike G4KFK wrote:

Mr Evans takes pleasure in sliming companies'
(or individuals') reputations on Usenet. Take a look at this character
assination of Blackgates which he originated in 2003:

I'm puzzled, why did he drive to Donnington to pick up castings from a
company in Dewsbury?

One may detect the strong whiff of bull**** from Mr Evans direction.

For your delectation....Original authorship acknowledged.

From: Stephen Howard - view profile
Date: Sun, Apr 18 2004 12:43 am
Groups: uk.rec.models.engineering

Not long ago in this fair, noble land
stood Airy of Bean with a saw in his hand.
Trying quite vainly to cut yonder steel
that for e'en a child t'would've been no big deal.
"Fie and a pox, why this job is a chore"
cried Airy of Bean, his arms greatly sore,
"I've nay half the strength of a big hairy nutter,
I'm off aye to buy me a magical cutter".

Henceforth to Donnington Airy did roam
o'er hill, dale and tussock - past Hobbit and Gnome,
to find the much fabled Black Man of Gates
with wholesomely goods at much cheaply rates.
"Good trader pray help" quoth Airy of Bean
"my needs are much grave for a certain machine."
"I have one just here sir, a stout little hacksaw,
for groats I'll deliver it right to your front door".

Airy of Bean, his knees all a quiver
did unpack his goods, with nay further dither.
And then didst he shriek a fair terrible cry,
through layers of sacking the beast did he spy.
"What low deed is this, this base hunk of metal -
what ignorant knave has buggered my fettle?
I'll rant and I'll rave, I'll turn the air blue,
that Black Man of Gates - why I might even sue!"

But then did a shiver strike Airy of Bean,
"That Black Man of Gates is quite hefty and mean.
I'll trouble him not, t'would send him in rages,
I'll log on the nette and pester the Sages".
So scribble he did, to groups engineering
"Lis't to me now of my tales not endearing".
And so they did listen, and gave this reply
"Send the thing back, he`ll replace by and by".

"He won't" wailed the Bean, his ague much indignant.
"He will" cried the Sages "tis written in pigment".
"Weighs nigh on eight pounds" exclaimed Bean "that's quite scary!".
The Sages replied "Thou art just a big fairy".
So Airy of Bean, his comments rebuffed,
considered his plight, feeling nay not that chuffed.
"I know what I'll do, I'll show them who'll win -
I'll toss the whole lot in my wastepaper bin!"

Here endeth the tale of Airy of Bean
but something's not right, or so it would seem.
Why shell out good groats for an item that's faulty
then chuck it away, in a mood foul and haughty?
Can it be true, was it really that bad,
is Airy of Bean aye really that sad?
No-one will know, for it lies in a bucket....
was it just broken...or did he just **** it.

from
Aero Spike
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Mike G4KFK

Spike wrote:
Here endeth the tale of Airy of Bean

Chance would be a fine thing...

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Confused wrote:

You seem to lack the gentlemanly traditions of Radio Hammery,
and I put it to you that you were no more than a CBer-masquerading-
As-A-Radio-Ham?

As a "CB'er" I'm proud of having the dedication to achieve a class A
license.

But you this is the internet and anyone can claim to be whatever they
want can't they.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
The Magnum

"Spike" wrote in message

is Airy of Bean aye really that sad?

Yes... and then some...

No-one will know, for it lies in a bucket....
was it just broken...or did he just **** it.

He probably put the blade in back to front....

from
Aero Spike

Read this carefully Beanie, this is poetry and quite good too. complete with
jovial finish. Unlike the bilge you scribble...

Graham
--
-.-. -... / .-. .- -.. .. ---

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73/51 - Graham, 26-Golf Charlie-19 (www.open-channel.co.uk)

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On 23 Jun 2006 07:09:34 -0700, Confused wrote:

You seem to lack the gentlemanly traditions of Radio Hammery,

As do you, you top-posing moron.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Lurker

"Confused" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

If you can't do some basic EMC investigations you shouldn't have a licence.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Confused

I take you to task once again on your rather silly
and childish outbursts. We have never met, you
do not know me, and there is no reason why any
civilised and decent person should erupt with a
potty-mouth such as you do below.

Shame on you.

Grow up, Steve Firth!

As to top posting, if the company of people who bottom
post are as childish and as foul-mouthed as you are,
then I'm pleased not to be in your comapny.

Good day to you.

Steve Firth wrote:
On 23 Jun 2006 07:09:34 -0700, Confused wrote:

You seem to lack the gentlemanly traditions of Radio Hammery,

As do you, you top-posing moron.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
realradioham

"Confused" wrote in message
oups.com...
I take you to task once again on your rather silly
and childish outbursts. We have never met, you
do not know me,

I've met you gareth and thought you were a prat. Remember???

rrh

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Lurker

"realradioham" wrote in message

"Confused" wrote in message
oups.com...
I take you to task once again on your rather silly
and childish outbursts. We have never met, you
do not know me,

I've met you gareth and thought you were a prat. Remember???

I concur. He has been a prat for years, companies party when he leaves.

I don't believe he has single mate, not one.

Here in Chippenham he is the town looney, known to all and detested by all.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Lurker wrote:

If you can't do some basic EMC investigations you shouldn't have a licence.

Exactly !

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Captain Hurricane

Confused wrote:
I take you to task once again on your rather silly
and childish outbursts. We have never met, you
do not know me, and there is no reason why any
civilised and decent person should erupt with a
potty-mouth such as you do below.

______________________

Shame on you.

Grow up, Steve Firth!

Well Gareth, here's a clue as to why you are a Top Posting Moron:-

Every time you and your ilk make a post you have to add words like "such
as you do below". Because otherwise your post would be even more
meaningless crap than it already is. Bottom poster's don't have to
indicate which part of the previous post they are replying to - because
it has already bean quoted _at the top of the page_.

HTH

Hercules
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Confused

I see that the dastard known as ,"Lurker", is still there -
always ready to print out personal information of others
but hiding behind the elastic of her own frilly knickers.

It is not a matter of EMC investigation, it is a matter
of law - I am not qualified under CORGI to do any work.

However, to the pair of youwho delight in gratuitous
abuse, minor details will not matter.

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Lurker wrote:

If you can't do some basic EMC investigations you shouldn't have a licence.

Exactly !

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Confused wrote:

It is not a matter of EMC investigation, it is a matter
of law - I am not qualified under CORGI to do any work.

No, very true.
the law states you need to be a _competent_ person!!

CORGI has nothing to do with any legality issues.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Spike

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

Confused wrote:

It is not a matter of EMC investigation, it is a matter
of law - I am not qualified under CORGI to do any work.

No, very true.
the law states you need to be a _competent_ person!!

CORGI has nothing to do with any legality issues.

Given his previous confusion over the colour of the service pipes to
his house, I think he was correct in what he said in the last part of
that quotation, absent the reference to CORGI.

from
Aero Spike
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Lurker

""Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"" wrote in message
. uk...
Confused wrote:

It is not a matter of EMC investigation, it is a matter
of law - I am not qualified under CORGI to do any work.

No, very true.
the law states you need to be a _competent_ person!!

CORGI has nothing to do with any legality issues.

Gareth is neither competent nor qualified. Why do you think he is unemployed
most of the time?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Mike G4KFK

Confused wrote:
It is not a matter of EMC investigation, it is a matter
of law - I am not qualified under CORGI to do any work.

CORGI? Confused Old Retard Gibbers Incoherently?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message .com
from "Confused" contains these words:

from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,

They may simply not realise you're crossposting. Not all client software
makes it obvious.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Confused

The person who did so is a regular resorter of rather
silly and infantile outbursts in the u.r.a ng. He
is a retired person and old enough to have left the school
playground behind 50 years ago. His wife is Pat. He knew well enough.

Guy King wrote:
The message .com
from "Confused" contains these words:

from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,

They may simply not realise you're crossposting. Not all client software
makes it obvious.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
know code

Confused wrote:

It is not a matter of EMC investigation, it is a matter
of law - I am not qualified under CORGI to do any work.

Did you ever think that it might be NOTHING to do with the boiler?

As a supposedly qualified Radio Amateur, you are supposed to be
qualified to do EMC investigations. How much stray RF have you got
floating around the shack? What state is your equipment grounding in?
Do you even have an RF ground? Don't be too quick to blame the
manufacturer of the boiler until you are 100% sure that it is not caused
by something which YOU failed to install or ground properly!

Now, go and check that instead of spewing your usual bile onto Usenet.

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
The Legend

"Confused" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

Have you managed to fettle yours?

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .com,
Confused writes
I take you to task once again on your rather silly
and childish outbursts. We have never met, you
do not know me, and there is no reason why any
civilised and decent person should erupt with a
potty-mouth such as you do below.

Oh do **** off

and remove uk.d-i-y from your x-posting

****

--
geoff
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .com,
Confused writes
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

Why do you think that anybody other than Vaillant and maybe the EC
standards would be interested in such data ?

OIC - googlegroup posting, that explains it

--
geoff
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Lurker writes

"Confused" wrote in message
roups.com...
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

If you can't do some basic EMC investigations you shouldn't have a licence.

OK, boys and girls

just to take this in a different but related direction

I sold someone a fan for his CH boiler a couple of months ago and he
swears that it causes RF interference. I sent him another one which he
says is OK. We've also changed his pcb for him (to eliminate the
possibility of it being a relay problem

Now given the fact that it's a shaded pole motor and the connections to
it are sound (i.e. electrically, it's just a coil of wire) does anybody
have an explanation ?

I think I'll also copy this to a new thread in uk.d-i-y also - for those
who have killfiled this one
--
geoff

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
raden

In message om,
Confused writes
I see that the dastard known as ,"Lurker", is still there -
always ready to print out personal information of others
but hiding behind the elastic of her own frilly knickers.

It is not a matter of EMC investigation, it is a matter
of law - I am not qualified under CORGI to do any work.

It seems that your ignorance shows no bounds

You can do what you like with your own boiler as long as you are
"competent"

I suppose that is the magic word which excludes you from working on a
boiler

--
geoff
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
huLLy

Confused wrote:

It is not a matter of EMC investigation, it is a matter
of law - I am not qualified under CORGI to do any work.

No, very true.
the law states you need to be a _competent_ person!!

CORGI has nothing to do with any legality issues.

Gareth is neither competent nor qualified. Why do you think he is
unemployed most of the time?

Exactly. The paint on his drain pipes is badly peeling and in need of some
attention... also I can't quite believe that he hasn't installed double
glazing yet...
--
huLLy
Tel: 07976 123278

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
huLLy

The Legend wrote:
"Confused" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

Have you managed to fettle yours?

I like your side gate and double iron gates for the cars, but what was the
point when you are seperated by your neighbours by a single wire fence? BTW,
your conifers could do with trimming, they are awfully overgrown and
unweildly. Whatever must your neighbours think?
--
huLLy
Tel: 07976 123278

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 19:19:54 GMT, raden wrote:

In message .com,
Confused writes
Ignoring the rather silly and childish responses from
those who replied to my previous question, especially
from those who tried to hide by only responding in d-i-y,
has anybody any information on the EMC of Vaillant boilers?

Why do you think that anybody other than Vaillant and maybe the EC
standards would be interested in such data ?

OIC - googlegroup posting, that explains it

And top-posting. Obviously a hopeless case!
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
The Legend

"huLLy" wrote in message
Lurker wrote:

Exactly. The paint on his drain pipes is badly peeling and in need of some
attention... also I can't quite believe that he hasn't installed double
glazing yet...

C'mon Hully, double glazing costs money...

tox