Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default carpet laying - direction to go...

Dave wrote:
Next week I (hope) to lay a (more or less) fitted carpet in a
bedroom. The room has a semi-circular bay window, two plain walls,
and the other has a chimney breast in the middle of it.
Which direction is best to start laying the carpet from. I guess
start from plain wall opposite bay and work toward bay? How exactly
I'm going to cut an accurate curve to fit the bay I shall of course
leave until the very last moment :-)
thanks
(ps Yes I know I should get real carpet fitters it - but I'd like to
try and diy this one).

Your best getting the carpet fitters in.
My local carpet shop throws in the fitting free,provided its not cheap
carpet.

You will struggle to cut/workout how best to cut the bay window area doing
it the way you have said.

I'd work from the bay window first.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite