Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rich

Default Ants in dishwasher

I don't know where they're coming from, but there are hundreds of the
little buggers crawling around my dishwasher. Any idea how I find the
nest, and how to get rid of 'em?

I've checked outside, and there doesn't seem to be any ant activity
where the dishwasher empties into the drain. They do seem to return
remarkably speedily even after I've zapped them with a rinse cycle. Is
it possible they've built a nest somewhere inside the machine?

Would really appreciate any help as they're driving me mad.

TIA

Rich

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Smith

"Rich" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know where they're coming from, but there are hundreds of the
little buggers crawling around my dishwasher. Any idea how I find the
nest, and how to get rid of 'em?

I've checked outside, and there doesn't seem to be any ant activity
where the dishwasher empties into the drain. They do seem to return
remarkably speedily even after I've zapped them with a rinse cycle. Is
it possible they've built a nest somewhere inside the machine?

Would really appreciate any help as they're driving me mad.

TIA

Rich

A quick Google and this seems to be a common problem.

http://www.unexco.com/carpants.html#dishwasher

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf532945.tip.html (Good tips here maybe from
people who have had the same problem?)

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...nts+dishwasher
(Lots of Google links)

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mojo

Rich wrote:
I don't know where they're coming from, but there are hundreds of the
little buggers crawling around my dishwasher. Any idea how I find the
nest, and how to get rid of 'em?

I've checked outside, and there doesn't seem to be any ant activity
where the dishwasher empties into the drain. They do seem to return
remarkably speedily even after I've zapped them with a rinse cycle. Is
it possible they've built a nest somewhere inside the machine?

Would really appreciate any help as they're driving me mad.

TIA

Rich

firstly disconnect your washing machine water pipes the red and blue
ones and the grey waste pipe , then disconnect ur dishwasher pipes and
connect the washing machine pipes to the dishwasher and vice versa,
this will remove the ants from ur dishwasher

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On 17 Jun 2006 04:45:54 -0700, "Rich" wrote:

I don't know where they're coming from, but there are hundreds of the
little buggers crawling around my dishwasher. Any idea how I find the
nest, and how to get rid of 'em?

Go down to B&Q. Buy a red squeeze bottle of ant remover. Spray them
and then leave them alone to wander back to the nest with the spray on
them. Next day, no nest, no ants.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:08:31 GMT, EricP wrote:

On 17 Jun 2006 04:45:54 -0700, "Rich" wrote:

I don't know where they're coming from, but there are hundreds of the
little buggers crawling around my dishwasher. Any idea how I find the
nest, and how to get rid of 'em?

Go down to B&Q. Buy a red squeeze bottle of ant remover. Spray them
and then leave them alone to wander back to the nest with the spray on
them. Next day, no nest, no ants.

And,presumably,clean out the dishwasher afterwards .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:57:38 +0100, Stuart
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 13:08:31 GMT, EricP wrote:

On 17 Jun 2006 04:45:54 -0700, "Rich" wrote:

I don't know where they're coming from, but there are hundreds of the
little buggers crawling around my dishwasher. Any idea how I find the
nest, and how to get rid of 'em?

Go down to B&Q. Buy a red squeeze bottle of ant remover. Spray them
and then leave them alone to wander back to the nest with the spray on
them. Next day, no nest, no ants.

And,presumably,clean out the dishwasher afterwards .....

One has to assume some common-sense in giving these highly technical
and involved answers to others.

ANTS IN THE DISHWASHER [email protected] Home Repair 14 August 23rd 05 07:01 AM
connecting water supply to new dishwasher Bill Home Repair 4 August 3rd 05 02:23 AM
Ants in dishwasher [email protected] Home Repair 9 July 15th 05 04:15 PM
Ants in the Dishwasher Ian Home Repair 6 May 8th 05 02:57 PM
GE Dishwasher not draining problem Licensed to Quill Electronics Repair 7 June 27th 04 02:42 PM