Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Lowe

Default 15mm Compression Fitting

Hi,

I'm having trouble locating a 15mm compression fitting -

The one end needs to fit onto 15mm copper pipe - the other end needs
to be a male thread 3/4".

Does such a thing exist - I've seen 1 22mm to 3/4 but have all the
other fittings I need in 15mm could put a straight reducer on if I
need to but rater avoid it if possible.

I'm trying to connect the Hozelock timer for the hanging basket
irrigation system directly to the supply pipe to the outside tap -
plan to install a service valve and one way check valve in the
pipework.

The current connection is made via a Hozelock 4 way plastic fitting -
each of the 4 branches have a separate tap to regulate the flow rate
but it's only about 6 years old and the taps leak - Garden Centre /
Sheds want about £ 22 for a new one - since I only need to have the
hose and the irrigation system connected then I figure I can do a
better and cheeper job if I can find the right bits.

Regards

Steve Lowe.

- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail :
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
thankyousam

Steve Lowe wrote:
[...]

Do you mean like this:
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1789-1662

Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

"thankyousam" wrote in message
ups.com...

Steve Lowe wrote:
[...]

or like this ?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1789-3301

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Steve Lowe contains these words:

I'm trying to connect the Hozelock timer for the hanging basket
irrigation system directly to the supply pipe to the outside tap -
plan to install a service valve and one way check valve in the
pipework.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just fit a second tap?

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Tingsley

Steve Lowe wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble locating a 15mm compression fitting -
The one end needs to fit onto 15mm copper pipe - the other end needs
to be a male thread 3/4".

Regards

Steve Lowe.

Do you mean like this: http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1789-1662

or like this ?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1789-3301

Do you both have problems with reading?

15mm compression fitting one end - the other end needs be a male thread
3/4".
Any proper plumbers merchant or
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1789-3302

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim_in_sussex

Steve Lowe wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble locating a 15mm compression fitting -

The one end needs to fit onto 15mm copper pipe - the other end needs
to be a male thread 3/4".

Does such a thing exist - I've seen 1 22mm to 3/4 but have all the
other fittings I need in 15mm could put a straight reducer on if I
need to but rater avoid it if possible.

A standard washing machine service valve meets this spec - usually
comes with a pair of short on/off lever in red & blue.

HTH

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

www.bes.ltd.uk part number 9011 (or 7832 if you want a taper male fitting)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:53:30 +0100, Steve Lowe wrote:

[...]

This product is available though not at the sheds or screwfix.

In order not to have to carry a huge range of fittings in the van I
have a 22mm to 3/4 MI fitting and then a 22/15mm reducing olive set.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Lowe

On 2 Jun 2006 07:06:31 -0700 "thankyousam"
wrote:

Steve Lowe wrote:
[...]

Almost - except the 3/4" needs to be male not female

Cheers Steve.
- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail :
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Lowe

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:17:27 +0100 "powerstation"
wrote:

"thankyousam" wrote in message
oups.com...

Steve Lowe wrote:
[...]

The 3/4" one looks to be femal - the 1/2" is male but the wrong size -
see what I mean about the right fitting in the right size - maybe it's
the plumbing Holy Grail !!!

Cheers,

Steve.

- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail :
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Lowe

Steve Lowe wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble locating a 15mm compression fitting -
The one end needs to fit onto 15mm copper pipe - the other end needs
to be a male thread 3/4".

Regards

Steve Lowe.

Do you mean like this: http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1789-1662

or like this ?

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1789-3301

Do you both have problems with reading?

15mm compression fitting one end - the other end needs be a male thread
3/4".
Any proper plumbers merchant or
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1789-3302

Hi

George

Thanks - that's the one - I can take pic into plumbers merchants and
not look a right berk now.

Thanks again.

Regards

Steve.

- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail :
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Lowe

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 05:16:10 +0100 John Rumm
wrote:

Steve Lowe wrote:

The one end needs to fit onto 15mm copper pipe - the other end needs
to be a male thread 3/4".

Does such a thing exist - I've seen 1 22mm to 3/4 but have all the

www.bes.ltd.uk part number 9011 (or 7832 if you want a taper male fitting)

Thanks John - thats the beast as well.

Regards

Steve.

- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail :
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Lowe

On 2 Jun 2006 14:21:44 -0700 "jim_in_sussex"
wrote:

Steve Lowe wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble locating a 15mm compression fitting -

The one end needs to fit onto 15mm copper pipe - the other end needs
to be a male thread 3/4".

Does such a thing exist - I've seen 1 22mm to 3/4 but have all the
other fittings I need in 15mm could put a straight reducer on if I
need to but rater avoid it if possible.

A standard washing machine service valve meets this spec - usually
comes with a pair of short on/off lever in red & blue.

HTH

Hi - Thanks - did'nt think about a washing machine valve - might have
one in my plumbing box - will also save having to put a service valve
in as well.

Cheers

Steve.

- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail :
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

"Steve Lowe" wrote in message
Thanks - that's the one - I can take pic into plumbers merchants and
not look a right berk now.

If that prospect worries you, don't take the picture in. Just ask for a
3/4in BSP male to 15mm copper compression fitting and look as though you
know they will have one on the shelf.

Colin Bignell