Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default Insulation backed plaster board

Hi all,

I remember reading a while back about someone using insulation backed
plasterboard that had 50mm insulation and a vapour barrier - can anyone
tell me the manufacturer? I'm looking for a product that can be dot &
dabbed on.

TIA.

--
Grunff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Tim S wrote:

I remember reading a while back about someone using insulation backed
plasterboard that had 50mm insulation and a vapour barrier - can anyone
tell me the manufacturer? I'm looking for a product that can be dot &
dabbed on.

Kingspan?

I know Kingspan do insulated PB, but do they do insulated PB with 50mm
of insulation and a vapour barrier, which can be dot & dabbed?

(sadly their website is somewhat devoid of useful info)

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Grunff wrote:

I remember reading a while back about someone using insulation backed
plasterboard that had 50mm insulation and a vapour barrier - can anyone
tell me the manufacturer? I'm looking for a product that can be dot &
dabbed on.

For future reference, I've found a product that does this. It is made by
British Gypsum, and it's called:

British Gypsum thermaline phenolic vapour controlled 60mm

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

I know Kingspan do insulated PB, but do they do insulated PB with 50mm
of insulation and a vapour barrier, which can be dot & dabbed?

The Kingspan website is just fine, with a slightly dodgy menu.

The item you are looking for is Kooltherm K17.

http://www.insulation.kingspan.com/newdiv/k17.htm

The 62.5mm board has all you need. 50mm of insulation, vapour barrier,
12.5mm plasterboard and dot & dabbable.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Christian McArdle wrote:

The item you are looking for is Kooltherm K17.

http://www.insulation.kingspan.com/newdiv/k17.htm

The 62.5mm board has all you need. 50mm of insulation, vapour barrier,
12.5mm plasterboard and dot & dabbable.

Brilliant, thanks Christian.

--
Grunff

Thermal Insulation Board Griffo UK diy 9 March 2nd 06 01:06 AM
Thermal Insulation Board Griffo UK diy 0 February 28th 06 09:25 PM
Kitchen ceiling plaster board type ? Ian_m UK diy 10 February 18th 06 09:33 AM
Query re plaster board and fixing/jointing etc tarquinlinbin UK diy 5 February 9th 05 04:06 PM
Botched repairs over cracked plaster David Home Repair 4 April 29th 04 02:13 PM